May 1st, 2010
1) SilntAngl asks: Any new information about when the 12″ Movie Masters of Superman or Lex Luthor will join Zod?
They are coming, but we went back to make some improvements. Likely Holiday 2010.
2) Mr. Rant asks:What factors into Mattel’s decisions to include certain figures in “best of” assortments? What best of assortments should we be looking for in stores right now?
The “best of” assortments tend to include the top selling and/or most mainstream characters (like Batman and Superman) that appeal to collectors as well as moms and kids.
3) Vault asks: Can you tell us a little more about the Infinite Heroes Starro from SDCC? What material is it made of? Will it have any internal armature?
It is made of a rubber material with bendy metal wires running through it, similar to Clayface’s arms but with a more heavy-duty material.
4) Vault asks: Why was the decision made to “amalgamate” a couple different Starro designs to make the SDCC Starro instead of just going for the classic look (long tentacles / bullseye eyeball)?
We wanted to go with the most recognizable version of Starro so we looked at the different ways he has appeared over the years when translating him into a toy form. In the end he became a bit of all things Starro.
5) Noisy asks: We know that Wun-Dar lived a hundred years before Adam, but what era is Scareglow, or more specifically, Karak Nul from? Was Nul around during Wun-Dar’s tenure as the Savage He-Man, from further in the past, or closer to the present?
That remains to be revealed.
Ask Mattel Around the Web (Red Links are Active):