Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Well, the figures have supposedly been delivered. I’m going to head down to the mail room when I get out of work today. I would go down before but I don’t want to have to carry it back up to my desk (and have 42 people ask what’s in the box) and I didn’t just want them sitting out in the freezing cold car all day either. It’s been freezing out all day today.

I think Baxter's wings are on ballpoints. I don't recall if we ever really got a good look at the back though.

Leatherhead and Slash are definitely high on my “want” list. I hear ya about it getting out of control. There are the staple “must-haves” plus personal favorites and ones that are too cool NOT to have, you could easily be looking at a couple dozen figures and quickly doing the math, at $45 per figure with tax and shipping it’s easily a grand.

Last week I added Mumm-Ra, Tygra, and Grune into my cart @ Super7. With Taxes and Shipping the total came to 167.55. That’s for three !@#$% figures!!! I’m going to do it, but even as I type this looking at that figure it seems like a lot. Once I rationalize that it’s a very limited run by an indie toy company, yadda, yadda, yadda…

Sometimes I think I spend more time rationalizing a purchase than actually enjoy it. If you HAVE to rationalize something shouldn’t that be a clear indicator that you DON’T need it? ;-)

It’s more or less always been that way though. Do I *need* this $10 figure became do I *need* this $25 figure became do I *need* this $50 figure, etc.

I’m just trying to remind myself that my priorities have shifted and I need to focus on saving $$$ and only adding what I truly love.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:46 pm

I've seen a picture that shows more of Baxter's wing poseability, but I'd still like to see the full range at some point.

If (when, Beedo, when) Leatherhead comes out, here's a nifty customising trick that I stumbled upon back in the mid-1990s:

If you look online for "Official [INSERT NAME OF STATE] Mosquito Trap" (I got mine at a petrol station stop whilst on a trip to Florida, but I've also seen it advertised for Alaska), you can get a real, all-metal, working, action-figure-scaled bear trap! Attach that to a small length of jewelry chain, and voilà! Leatherhead's got hisself som turtle-trappin' irons, you betcha!

[EDIT]: I tried looking for them again online, and they seem to have almost vanished from web stores. If you look for "joke mosquito traps," that gets slightly better results. Can't find them at all on Amazon any more.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 am

I think you’ve mentioned that mosquito trap before. I’ve done a few google searches and like you said, they have almost vanished. I’ve seen the photos though and that looks like an awesome little accessory! If I ever see one I'll certainly think to pick it up!

You know one thing that I love is when toys have little chain link accessories, for instance Vintage/MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor who comes with the lime green collar attached to a silver chain, MOTUC Scareglow and his Grayskull reliquary w/ black chains, or NECA’s comic TMNT Michelangelo’s nunchucks. It’s a small detail but I always love it.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Yeah, chains are damn nifty, all right! I bought one of those Michaelangelos specifically so i could give MOTUC Ninjor some proper 'chucks. When I figure out how to make a cloth cape for MOTUC Scare Glow, I plan on adding some more "ghost chains" to him.

I hope you find one of those traps at a good price, mate.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:46 pm

If you come up with a good pattern for Scare Glow's cape let me know. The plastic cape he came with is fine but there's just something about the one that came with the vintage figure. I think they really nailed the look with the MOTU Origins line Scareglow!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 pm

I've been looking all over for a good pattern, with no success. I think what I'll end up having to do is buy the MOTU Origins Scare Glow in the autumn, ship off the cape to Dave at Toy-Polloi, and have him work up a pattern for everyone to use.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com