Thundercats: Club Third Earth

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Thundercats: Club Third Earth

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 am

I grabbed Lion-O DOS. I think I'm gonna call it a day after that on Thundercats Classics. I subbed to Third Earth, but I received an e-mail saying that they were unable to process my sub due to credit card (apparently a LOT of people got this e-mail), asking me to follow up with new payment info. I'm looking at this as a "get out of jail free" card. Given the future of the line is dim, I don't know that I really need Panthro or Jackalman if we're ever going to get Tygra or Cheetara, Monkian or Vultureman. I did really want that Mumm-Ra, but I think I can live without it. I have until Sept 25th to decide, so we'll see.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 am

lion-o is already for sale? look how the time flies. [grin] to be honest, i'd completely blanked on when those figures were due. hope he's awesome.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Having seen that Super7 is now doing ThunderCats Ultimates, I signed myself up for a Mumm-Ra on BBTS. Looks great, especially with that cloth cape. I hope the line continues enough for me to get a Sslythe and some Berserkers, eventually.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 am

Thank goodness for BBTS. I haven't done it yet but I'll most likely pre-order Mumm-Ra. I've always loved the vintage figure, even though I didn't have it. It's hard to pass up. I'm glad S7 is making it available again!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Exactly! If I go through with this and don't cancel the pre-order, I may end up making a soft-goods robe for this guy, as well. (Says the guy who still hasn't made cloth capes for his 2009 MOTUC figures . . . . )
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Super7 just released their second wave of Thundercats Ultimates: Pumyra, Grune The Destroyer, Tygra, AND the Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living with Ma-Mutt!

Of course they’re not giving us Cheetara this wave. I’m potentially down for Mumm-Ra and Tygra. Grune is iffy and really no interest in Pymyra.

They’re all $45 with the exception of Mumm-Ra who is $60. I “get” it, he’s bigger and comes with Ma-Mutt, but still, seems like they should eat the cost.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Enh, Super7 is such a small company, their margins couldn't possibly absorb that kind of hit for such a large product. (I've learned a LOT about small company business since I hooked up with my wife.) I bet even Mattel would raise its price on that guy, if they made it.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:31 am

Yeah, I get it. Especially since these figures are essentially made to order. I’m sure retailers like BBTS bulk up their numbers but selling direct to consumer they are only going to put enough into production to fulfill demand and then have a little extra for replacements, etc. You’re right about Mattel, characters like Ram Man and Tuskador were more than the average figure since they were larger. Sometimes it’s hard to not have the attitude of wanting something for nothing! ;-)

Is your wife self-employed/run her own business?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 am

She runs her own business -- an online wig store called CysterWigs, with a budget tack-on site called WigCloseouts. She's planning on branching into Etsy soon.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:06 am

That's awesome, good for her! It's a lot of work, but very rewarding doing what you love and helping people.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com