It's the Busness of toys

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: It's the Busness of toys

Postby dayraven » Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

so, i ran across this piece in the NYT about american's buying power and the costs of goods and services vs wages, and i found something funny

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgraphi ... t600-0.png

apparently toys have gotten CHEAPER from 2005 to 2013. too bad nobody told NECA, hasbro, mattel, mezco, palisades, jakks pacific, playmates, sideshow, takara, hot toys, enterbay, threeA, 4H studios, toynami, or bandai. [smile]

full article here.http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/busin ... ml?hp&_r=1
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Mon May 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Hrm... I can't comment on the article but I wonder if it takes into account if Americans are buying fewer toys?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:54 am

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=270&itemid=23348

damn... mattel is losing the disney princesses to hasbro. that has got to hurt. and might i add, the disney partnership for hasbro is HUGE, especially with this addition... yikes. the next couple cons, we have to start giving hasbro the business over the regrind plastics, as they're hitting now, with a massive media conglomerate as a partner, with products that are of random QC. like for example, the marvel people, some are clearly being cast in a softer, regrind plastic grade that might be cheaper, but it's of less quality. this is the cause of the rubbery limb syndrome. there's no excuse for corner cutting when you've got a little gold mine backing you up. we don't get acess to disney reps, but we do hasbro... let's unite nerds, better toys through con connections!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:16 am

I see a new look for the new year out front. Hasn't hit here in the forums but the new look is nice. I like the bold colors. they scream Comic Book or Pop Culture.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion