In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Could they possibly use Multibot legs for the upcoming Twistoid? To further that, if they wanted to make both compatible with Multi-Bot and Mod-u-lock, that would be awesome!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Oh, definitely!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:As for Quakke, the idea is that he has a huge mofo battle club with a meteorite on the end. He's supposed to be able to swing it over his head and smash it down so hard, the rock shatters.

Riiiiggggghhhhhttttttt!!!!!!! Doom putter!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tochiro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:29 pm

PrfktTear wrote:Could they possibly use Multibot legs for the upcoming Twistoid? To further that, if they wanted to make both compatible with Multi-Bot and Mod-u-lock, that would be awesome!

All due respect, if that were to happen I would tend to assume it was a mistake and not intentional.

I mean, come on. :)
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Tochiro wrote:
PrfktTear wrote:Could they possibly use Multibot legs for the upcoming Twistoid? To further that, if they wanted to make both compatible with Multi-Bot and Mod-u-lock, that would be awesome!

All due respect, if that were to happen I would tend to assume it was a mistake and not intentional.

I mean, come on. :)

Well, that was Emiliano's original plan, actually, according to the drawings.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:37 am

right, but tochi is implying that mattel only does the right or most sensible thing by complete buffoonery turning out in their favor... since putting the horsemen on the line, i don't think they've made two correct decisions in a row.

so any cross compatible kibble would clearly be an accident. i won't be in the least surprised if modulok and multibot end up with differently sized balls and thus can't share pieces, mattel is seriously that stupid. i have no faith that they wipe their asses after they shi! either.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:15 am

Oh, okay, I getcha.

The common British expression is "couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:37 pm

good one. we have a similar saying, "couldn't hit water if you fell from a boat." same gist.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=23421

then this came along and tries to belie our position. [smile] i'm glad they listened and made the king hiss parts swappable across both figures... now i just want to know who the unfortunate sap is that will come w/ the plused up snake torso.

i have to say, i know you were very excited for lizard man beedo, but me, i don't see it. i don't at all understand the decision to lose the ab crunch, and overall, this figure looks like a punching bag, in that, it's so pathetic, you just feel like it warrants getting beat up by the other figures on your shelf. the DRoD is a nice pack in, but i wish the skeletor film sword was painted... didn't we get another price hike this year to avoid these kinds of issues?

it kind of tears me up, in that, you can CLEARLY see the disparity this year between the figures that ate all the budget and those that didn't. he talked up how much oolar came with, but come the hell on, oolar is a low pack figure designed to offset more intensive figs like the two pack. lizard man looks cheap next to ninjor, who is packed to the gills, even if he doesn't get hand webbing (the one cool detail to lizard man, i will readily admit, that's a nice touch). huntara looks nice, but again i find her outfit lacking some paint. it doesn't help, in the case of the PoP girls, either that i've been spoiled recently by the funko MtG girls, who are buy and large excellent figures. they too lack a little wash, but there's also a lot of unique aspects that make the girls stand out from each other, unlike the PoP girls who look like the casting call for a robert palmer video. the most telling thing about the magic girls though is the softness of the clothing materials and the hair... if more motucers were buying the magic girls, and seeing how easy it is to get posable outfits and hair, they'd be warming the tar and packing the feathers as we speak.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 am

dayraven wrote:good one. we have a similar saying, "couldn't hit water if you fell from a boat." same gist.

Like it!

dayraven wrote:i have to say, i know you were very excited for lizard man beedo, but me, i don't see it. i don't at all understand the decision to lose the ab crunch, and overall, this figure looks like a punching bag, in that, it's so pathetic, you just feel like it warrants getting beat up by the other figures on your shelf. the DRoD is a nice pack in, but i wish the skeletor film sword was painted... didn't we get another price hike this year to avoid these kinds of issues?

Well, my enthusiasm for Lizard Man goes way back to the early 1980s. I've always liked reptiles, but they're almost always cast as villains.* It was nice to get a reptilian good guy for a change. He was also in twice as many episodes as Plundor or Nepthu. I'm also in the "why no ab-crunch" camp, myself. Disappointed about the lack of tail articulation, too. Might have to look into correcting that last one.

* Seriously, how messed up is that? In The Jungle Book, Kaa the python was a good guy! He helped rescue Mowgli from the monkeys in a truly epic, bad-ass way that only a 30-foot python could manage. But not in the Disney version. Oh, no. He's a snake, therefore, he must be evil. Granted, I have no illusions about real-world pythons, but changing an established character's nature because of species? That's racist, man.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:38 pm

blame the christians... serpents are valued tutors and symbols of chthonic secrets the world over, right up until the dippy book got foisted upon the lot of the western world, then they became feckless villians (seriously, completely void of feck) the attempts later on to return them to some semblance of their once lofty status is repeatedly met with scorn and derision, and results in the exact kind of christian-themed correction you mention w/ kaa.

what illusions might one harbor about pythons? they are what they are, not evil, not good, but possessed of a vital role in their ecosystems and certain worthy of reverence for that alone. they are uniquely adapted, and capable of feats of strength and stealth that belie their mass and often ostentatious coloration.

anyway, back to the character of lizard man... yeah, no ab crunch, no posable tail = lizard man fail. least for me it does. they can defend it all they like as a thematic or aesthetic choice, but i can't see any reason for short changing the character on what are now line-standard features (the extant tails aren't super-posable, which is it's own brand of unforgivable, but still...) barring economic: they wanted to spend the line's budget elsewhere. that's almost understandable, if they'd like to be men about it and just say so, i think most of us would agree that we can see how ninjor or the vs two-pack are pricey, so cuts had to get made somewhere else. hiding behind inferior reasoning is just cowardice though, and disingenuous. i hope for you, who has been infinitely patient with the line highkinks and the cost of acquisition, who really wants this character, that he comes in so well executed on what he has that you can overlook what he lacks beedo. it's too bad that, when executing that cool idea for the webbing in his hands, that they couldn't have extended that somehow to the whole arms and given him some kind of patagia, especially since by screwing over the torso articulation, you have a more stable platform for something like that. not necessarily cartoon accurate, but it would look cool as hell, and be an interesting way to upgrade the character for motuc.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com