The "Catch-(Mostly)-All" Toy Thread

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The "Catch-(Mostly)-All" Toy Thread

Postby dayraven » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:24 pm

the... last... starfighter [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin] [grin]

that'd kept me pretty happy.

I SAID "BACK TO SLEEP LEWIS OR I'M TELLING MOM ABOUT YOUR PLAYBOYS!!"
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Hey DR, an early look at the Mattel wrestling figs
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1737141
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 am

WOW!! this is early... thanks for the tip off big man.

but i must say, i suffered a certain amount of disconnect after the dude wrote "One thing Jakks always did extremely well was the facial likeness"... um, really? they haven't made a passable shawn michales yet and all the rock's heads looked like they stepped on by haystacks calhoun. jakks is extraodinarily hit and miss w/ likeness.. ask my brock hydrocephallic and the dean of cranium, keith jardine.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 am

Compatible accessories...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby jasonahurley » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 am

If I still had any interest in the WWE product I would be all over those toys. They look really nice, but I don't know who half of those guys are. I used to watch everything WWE put out, but the last couple of years all I've bothered to watch are the Rumble and Wrestlemania. Howeveer, after the last completely lackluster Mania, I may not even bother with that. The product, imo, has been consistently going downhill since the demise of WCW. Competition breeds excellence, and until TNA (who put out a great product, btw) can step up to the big leagues, I just don't see WWE improving.

Those toys do look awesome though.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
jasonahurley
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:22 pm

jasonahurley wrote:If I still had any interest in the WWE product I would be all over those toys. They look really nice, but I don't know who half of those guys are. I used to watch everything WWE put out, but the last couple of years all I've bothered to watch are the Rumble and Wrestlemania. Howeveer, after the last completely lackluster Mania, I may not even bother with that. The product, imo, has been consistently going downhill since the demise of WCW. Competition breeds excellence, and until TNA (who put out a great product, btw) can step up to the big leagues, I just don't see WWE improving.

Those toys do look awesome though.

yeah, i don't see these replacing the EXTENSIVE roster of deluxe aggression and deluxe classic figs jakks has given me, but there are a couple holes mattel could fill. (and knowing mattel, they won't even kiss me first!) but i think more than one may come home for customs. but come on, if mattel gave me an in-scale, accurate looking, deluxe andre, i'd be all over that like flies on starfruit. andre, big john studd, vader, king kong bundy, haystacks, bruiser brody, macho man, giant gonzales, kurgan, great khali, giant silva, sid vicious, demoliition, the road warriors, powers of pain, the steiners have never had proper deluxe releases. not to mention, if mattel gives me deluxe divas, i'm in baby. i want mickie james so bad... i'd ever buy her figure! :wink:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby jasonahurley » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah, if they do a classics line that is more readily available than the first couple of Jakks series were, I may have to jump on that.

I assume you've seen the "before she was a superstar" Mickey James pics? They are a wee bit of all right.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
jasonahurley
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:39 pm

They look like solid toys, could be good for Mattel's image.

Isn't that Magnum toy awesome, Eby?
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Ebonhorn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:45 pm

It really is...since I had the damn thing....and now really want, again.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:07 pm

jasonahurley wrote:Yeah, if they do a classics line that is more readily available than the first couple of Jakks series were, I may have to jump on that.

I assume you've seen the "before she was a superstar" Mickey James pics? They are a wee bit of all right.

oh, you might say i'm intimately acquainted w/ them, yes... which then begs the question, why the fake boobs? it's not like she was ill-equipped before... i will never get the thing w/ female wrestlers and breast implants, especially given the WWE gals high rate of implant burst... aparently, dow chemical has some answering to do, since officially, they're breast implants are next to unbreakable.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion