The Young Justice Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The Young Justice Thread

Postby TSR » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 am

Considering this thread hasn't been bumped in over a year, this shouldn't be too displeasing to the folks here: Young Justice is over. In both scales.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 1741069057

Yes, all of Young Justice. I realize that this will upset many of you. Sorry!

MJL
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Freefire » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Ouch. I havent picked any up but that sucks for those who do. I dont mean to seem panicky but with this and the "retooling" of the All Stars I'm slightly worried.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm a little bummed, but not surprised. Kid Flash and Batman are supposed to make it out somewhere. No proper Superboy & Miss Martian blows though.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

I really liked the look of that Batman... I hope it gets out at some point...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby TSR » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am

6" Batman and Kid Flash have recently shipped to etailers.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm conflicted about buying those. I want 'em, but... there seems little point now.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 am

I wanted to at least have a complete collection of what Matty put out so i picked up the Kid Flash. As far as toys in general go...its an odd mix of what NOT to do and what TO do. Right off the bat...it looks like the actual figure was an afterthought. Kid Flash is scrunched WAY over on the left side of the ENORMOUS packaging...almost to the point that if you just glanced at it, you could miss him. I guess Matty decided that his plastic WOOSH accessory was the most important part. KF's accessories are pretty cool. I like the removable wings on his head so you can swap them out with his goggles. The other accessories are on the crappy side. He comes with a flash speed cone/blast gimmick/whatever you call it to put on his hand. The super soft plastic on that little thing will NOT stay on KF's hand no matter what you do...unless yer ok with using glue. Theres also a little lightning/speed accessory that you can put on the figures leg or arm to simulate speed. That is also made out of the same super rubbery plastic and dosent stay on very well.

All in all...Matty decided that the figure itself isnt all that important and they'd fill the packaging with accessories....and HALF of those accessories arent executed well at all.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby j1h15233 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I'm conflicted about buying those. I want 'em, but... there seems little point now.

Exactly! If we're never going to get the right Superboy and a Miss Martian, then we'll never finish the original team. I'm wondering what I should do with the figures I do have now.
j1h15233
Ensign
Ensign

Postby twofisted » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

I guess I'm buying them mainly cuz I really enjoy the show AND perhaps I have some hope that we may some day see Superboy and Miss Martian, either in a sub or in whatever is coming next year.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby nanite » Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm

YJ is on clearance at one Target nearby, $14 and change.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum