The IAT Official "Ask Mattel" Submission Thread

A forum dedicated to the innovative toy lines of tomorrow. Four Horsemen's Fantastic Exclusive & the Outer Space Men, Onell Design's Glyos, ThreeA, & a host of other Designer/Alternative Toys that you need to tell others about...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby TSR » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Ah, I did misunderstand then. Thanks for the clarification [smile]
TSR
Commander
Commander

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby Xylob The Destroyer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

When can we expect to see figures from "The New 52" (Flashpoint Plas doesn't count!)?

What other figures will be in the first wave of DC Universe All Stars (4 figures does not equal a wave, does it?)?

When can we expect to see the first wave on shelves?

What figures from the New 52 will be released first?
(my money's on Supes, Bats, Wonder Woman, and Hal)
Xylob The Destroyer
Chief
Chief

Re: The IAT Official "Ask Mattel" Submission Thread

Postby Satam » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Poison Ivy looks great, but can she get a couple of open hands? She's not really a fighter, and fists just don't suit her very well. Open hands could work great for blowing a kiss or some plant summoning poses.
Satam

Postby dayraven » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 am

since this is an adult collector's line, and customers discussed previously that king hsss kind of got bunny teeth, rather than fangs, why is it that kobra khan also got chicklet shaped fangs? why can't we get fangs that are less blunt?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Is there any chance we'll see the Undertaker's Wrestlemania costume from this year in action figure form?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby vitorocks1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:03 am

what up Mattel

I am kinda getting board with a lot of the questions people "ask Matty".....generally people seem to be only asking about customer service....or asking questions "like when are we gonna see Ram Man?"

My questions:

1) Seeing as how Subscriptions sales are really whats keeping the line going....as you have stated before, well...how does Mattel expect to keep the lines going in this same fashion....and hope to bring on more NEW collector's and sell more subscriptions, when you are .....a) not re-issuing any new figures ....and b) going through all the CS stock.....with also no plans to reissue any past figures? With past figures going online between $50 - $150, why would anyone hop on board now, almost 100 figures into the MOTU Classics series? Faker was re-issued recently...to think that we will never get an axe and shield for him....well it just hurts.

2) Do you have anything planned for the 100 figure? And when adding to 100 figures, would you include the Toys R US figures? Or would you count them by package i.e.....the Star Sisters count as 1?

3) Have we gone through all the CS stock for Vikor, Roboto, King Randor, Zodak, Shadow Beast and the 2 Weapon packs? I kinda don't wanna sit here hoping you will release them at a reasonable price again, if you never intend too.

ok bye.
vitorocks1

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 am

I dunno if this'll fly, or even if it falls within Mattel's power to answer, but since it's one of their intellectual properties, and they now have the ability to produce Filmation characters, I might as well give it a go . . . .

Trying to get hold of Filmation Masters of the Unvierse and Princess of Power DVDs outside the USA is an exercise in frustration. Seeing as how myself and lots of other people want to fork over money for these products, is anything being done -- or going to be done -- to get MOTU Season 2 and both seasons of POP into the foreign market? Say, for example, in Region 2?

- Beedo Sookcool
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Commander
Commander

Postby Snowglare » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Can you ask them about Miss Martian's cape? I'm not sure how to phrase it so we get a real answer, but it's pretty darn important to know as much as possible about a figure I apparently can't get without pre-ordering. She looks perfect, with two great heads, except for one thing. The cape's sculpted over the shoulders in a way that can't help but block poseability in all directions.

So, I dunno. Is it removable along with her heads? Is there any chance they could redo it so it isn't blocking vital PoA? I really, really want to accept her as is, but she's effectively a $30 figure, and that's pretending to count Superboy as an equal part of the package. He's cool, too, but if these were singles at $25+shipping, I'd only be getting one.
Snowglare
Chief
Chief

Postby Jayger10 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Why does there have to be a minimum subscription purchases? Do day of sales count when you are figuring out if you can fund the line? I know at least Atrocitus sold out. Some people don't want to buy every figure; I don't care at all for uncle Sam, the metal men, or constantine.
Jayger10

Postby Jayger10 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Why is Club Infinite Earths the only subscription to have a minimum requirement? What makes the other 2 so special?
Jayger10

PreviousNext

Return to The Seventh Market: Emerging Toys Forum