The Fisto Thread: or A Gentle Fistoing

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: A Gentle Fistoing

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

PrfktTear wrote:I finally got Fisto'd last night. Of course the box arrived on the day when it was raining/spitting snow all day... Digital River/Logistics couldn't have planned it that way? COULD THEY?

yes, they did... just wait till they get you the box in dog dookey december... just saying, invest in gloves.

and your opinion of the fisting? it's awesome, isn't it?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 pm

the fisting is GREAT!!!!

got a review up at pg.com
http://www.plasticgraveyard.com/?p=4455
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:03 pm

I was very impressed. I didn't get to try out the 200x head/belt but they look neat.The buster sword is impressive too, and I don't even really like buster swords. I don't think you could ask for anything more... a solid update of a favorite vintage character, a 200x "upgrade" option, and great accessories. I thought the armor would have been a little different --- I didn't drag out my vintage Fisto to compare and contrast though so maybe its just what I had in my mind. Overall a solid figure and you definitely get the biggest bang for your buck here.

Speaking purely of the fist itself, I'm glad they DID NOT go ridiculously oversized with it. That was one thing I didn't like about the 200x Fisto... I know it was supposed to be hyperanime/oversized and whatnot. Plus it had the stupid action feature on it.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Bigbot84 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't think anyone wanted the 200X Fist on Fisto, but everything else from 200X they gave us for him is amazing. This is bar none the best MOTUC figure, and it'll be a long time before anything can touch it. Maybe Draego-Man when he has his flame whip and shield.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 pm

the more I play with/look at fisto the more I love him!
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

BT, am i wrong that the completely sculpted head is totally rock n roll? rather than the two piece head/hair combo that is the norm for the line, that works well w/ like MAA, where the helmet actually is a separate piece from his skull, but here, the sculpted there hair works marvels. also, the sculpt overall is tighter and more "real" than the cartoony precedent set, and again, it works. compare fisto to like randor or king grayskull, and fisto just looks more detailed and more "together" whereas by comparison, the standards of the line now seem a little sub-standard.

it's not the best head ever, but it's certainly the best heads we've received in motuc. now, i'm intrigued to see what djordje could do w/ a female head... scorpia maybe?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I agree about the head --- having the two pieces does make it seem a little cheaper. Having one sculpted piece is much nicer. I hope they go with this in the future.

I was thinking, if I didn't know any better I might think Fisto was produced by a company like NECA and not Mattel.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I agree about the head --- having the two pieces does make it seem a little cheaper. Having one sculpted piece is much nicer. I hope they go with this in the future.

I was thinking, if I didn't know any better I might think Fisto was produced by a company like NECA and not Mattel.

i was discussing that exact thing w/ a colleague a few weeks ago, that fisto looked more in line w/ the gears figs then a motuc... not sure if that would always be a good thing, as the interchangeable hair does mean they can intelligently part swap when necessary, but certainly, in this case, it's totally awesome. jut fisto also just has a more realistically styled face, and that i would like to see become the new norm. it won't, but i'd like it to. i don't know if the cartoonier look is treadaway's personal taste, or a command from on high, but i love this more realistic face.

oh, and i think the new giant bicep should have been used on TP he-man, since he has an upgraded punch power... but clearly, who the hell am i, right?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm thinking they made TWO new biceps (one left, one right) and we'll see that on Ram Man! =)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Re: The Fisto Thread: or A Gentle Fistoing

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 am

You guys (hopefully) all saw the temporary Malcom I threw together for the review. Since I get bored easily (really easily, I suck at sitting still in case you guys haven't noticed), I took the remaining parts and tossed them together for a weird result:

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com