The Fisto Thread: or A Gentle Fistoing

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

The Fisto Thread: or A Gentle Fistoing

Postby dayraven » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:42 pm

so, i broke down, i bought the fisto... he arrived today, and i must say, i think he's the most masterful of the masters figs. true.

why? good question...

first, the heads... the very fact that we got two is great enough, but both of these are excellent heads too, and that makes the score feel even better. for starters, they're not the same head w/ a different hair piece, the whole head is sculpted as one piece. that alone makes a huge difference from the usual motuc head which looks like a vanilla face under a hair helmet. i think theat people's reactions to the early reviews on the fig were perhaps a tad overblow for reaction, but i will say, for this line, these are best heads we've yet received. there's more life and dynasmism in these two heads than in every head thus presented, up to and including the alcala skeletor head... this looks like the kind of head i expect out of a better toy line, to be honest w/ everyone. that's really cool, though kind of painful too.

second, that friggin sword man... fisto really, honestly, w/ the belt, the buster sword, the fencing sword, and the strongest right hand in the land, really looks like he should be the hero of the line. for some folks, that might seem kind of counterintuitive... and if i might, mangosteen those mangosteen right in their fat stupid asses. [smile] [smile] this figure just wins man, he's the barbarian hero type, that's all there is to it. i CAN'T WAIT to see he-mike "platino"-ize this fig. holy crap!

the extra belt... he just looks cool in it. he-man doesn't have a book dammit! this dude's got his war journal on him, some coinage, and a flask of man at arms' home brew for when those eternian nights on the wall get nippy. you know, one belt tool and we could do something similar for he-man to get a 200x loo for him, but TG has his priorioties all upside down and backwards. oh well.

yeah, if you passed on fisto, i'd like to ridicule you, but i won't (stepping out of character cuz i'm smelling my homemade cream of mushroom soup simming and i can't raise any ire in the wake of it's savory heavenosity.) instead, i will merely say, seriously, if you've bought even one motuc, or are considering trying the line out... go buy a fisto. seriously. buy one.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: A Gentle Fistoing

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:42 pm

He pretty much was my MotU main hero as a kid.
I mean, I respected that He-Man was the main dude cause that's what the canons told me.

But for me, it was always the mighty Fisto as the main man.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

He is the first MOTUC where nostalgia really kicks in. I loved Fisto's figure as a child and I love this one as an adult. This figure is what you want everything in the line to be.....
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 pm

MY fisto shadow weaver and sorceress have been in NV for 6 days now so some day I will get Fisto I hope.....got my Photog tho just posted my review ofhim

http://www.plasticgraveyard.com/?p=4394
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Hearing such high praise of Fisto from you, DayRaven has me super excited now! My Polarioid arrived a few days ago --- but still no sign of Fisto, Sorceress, or Shadow Weaver.

I always did really enjoy Fisto --- he really always was one of the most quintessential Masters figures. Even though he wasn't part of the original eight, in many ways he always surpassed Man-At-Arms, Teela, Man-E, and Rammy. Very happy to add him to my shelf.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm

an ode to fisto

fisto, fisto
i could not resisto
fisto
were i a magical magisto
i would never desisto
from playing with fisto

better than sisto, my fisto

i injured my wristo
playing with fisto
oh god yisto.
this is the gisto
of my love of fisto

i will be an activisto
for fisto
you can not blackisto fisto
or i shall digisto
your egoisto
i am not just a hobbyisto
as it pertains to fisto

be thee a righty or a leftisto
you'll love fisto
you may even visit a tattooisto
to get an image of fisto
on your keisteristo
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 am

to the tune of?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm

just kind of made up my own.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 am

you certainly do! ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 am

I finally got Fisto'd last night. Of course the box arrived on the day when it was raining/spitting snow all day... Digital River/Logistics couldn't have planned it that way? COULD THEY?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com