The Demo-Man Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Demo-Man Thread

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Got a review up for Demo today
http://www.plasticgraveyard.com/?p=3873
cant wait for reviewapalooza guys!
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:These last couple months as a non-subber have been awful. My stuff is arriving almost a week (or more) after most of the other sites have their reviews up. Blows.

Which brings me to thoughts on Demo-Man, but I'll save that for a new thread I must go create...

and therein lies mattel's power to lure you back to the table next year. i get it, i understand it, i'm not in any way knocking you here noisy, but i know you're in for next year's sub, because it's fodder for the site. they have a sale even if you're less than 50/50 interested in the offerings.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: December 15th Ordering Thread

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 pm

OOOh, okay, Mark Taylor Concept Villain. I know I've seen that before, I was just lost on what it meant tho.

I love the green Keldor/blue Demo-Man!

There are a lot of similarities between Demo Man and Beast Man. As it happened they're very close to each other right now on my shelf and every time I see the two i think that.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

It is amusing how we had to convince Mattel to run a sub, and now its subscribe or die.

It would be nice if you could "opt out" of one item a year. Or going back to what people have asked for a million times over, had a tiered sub, so those that just want figures but not quarterlies or beasts don't have to. It just sucks that in order to gaurantee great figures like Fisto, Sorceress, Khan, and Shadow Weaver we have to swallow the Star Sisters or the griffin.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Another interesting tidbit is that Megator started design life as a trace-over on top of the first MTCV drawing, as seen in the Power & Honor catalog.

So there could've been some bio-connection THERE that would've also made much more sense.

To connect him so closely to Skeletor as they have is ridiculous IMO.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby TSR » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:17 pm

PrfktTear wrote:It is amusing how we had to convince Mattel to run a sub, and now its subscribe or die.

TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 pm

ha ha ha
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:Another interesting tidbit is that Megator started design life as a trace-over on top of the first MTCV drawing, as seen in the Power & Honor catalog.

So there could've been some bio-connection THERE that would've also made much more sense.

To connect him so closely to Skeletor as they have is ridiculous IMO.

oh there you go again, making SENSE! you dumb bastard. [smile]

hey, i made the guy another horde brother, surely he could have been the little twin of megator.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby ipsissimus_clay » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 am

Wouldn't the ability to opt out of particular figures kind of negate the point of having a subscription?

The basic idea of a sub, I think, makes perfect sense - it allows room for the production of figures that might be somewhat obscure as there are guaranteed buyers, it works for completists, and having a bonus item as a little reward seems reasonable. No-one's gonna like all the figures in a year's sub, but that's like buying an album knowing you might not love every song, and something you accept as a completist.

Which is where I feel it's not been terribly well handled - the matty viewpoint that the sub isn't so much the completist option as it is the only option shows a distinct lack of respect for the large number of non-sub collectors, and the idea that tiered subs would be 'a logistical nightmare' is patently ridiculous...
ipsissimus_clay

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm

yeah, I guess you could liken it to buying a whole album versus buying the single on iTunes for $.99.

There are few bands I like enough to buy an album sight unseen, er, unheard. There are plenty of others who might only have a few songs that I like and don't really want to pay the full price for an album. I guess the difference though is that if I go to iTunes they're not going to "sell out" of the singles.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com