The IAT Official "Ask Mattel" Submission Thread

A forum dedicated to the innovative toy lines of tomorrow. Four Horsemen's Fantastic Exclusive & the Outer Space Men, Onell Design's Glyos, ThreeA, & a host of other Designer/Alternative Toys that you need to tell others about...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby Tekwych » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:13 pm

From Satam at the Fan Ex boards:
Is Stinkor supposed to have a couple of hoses to attach the 2002 inspired mask to his air tanks that were just left off of the Prototype shown at Power Con, or are/were hoses just not planned?
Thanks
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Satam » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 am

Why apparently decide to use the Superman buck for Atrocitus, which also makes him the same height as Hal Jordan, when Mattel is supposed to have multiple parts that could be reused to make him a bit taller? What happened to Martian Manhunters legs or whatever body was used for Ares? Is it somehow cheaper to reuse the Superman/Captain Atom buck instead of the Public Enemies buck, which would make him about the right size?
Satam

Postby jose83 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:31 am

Size always matter in action figures, the figure of Infinite Earth Club Atrocitus shown at conventions is smaller than it should be, do you have plans to remake size of the figure before his launch.

Always remember Sinestro Wave 2 or Lobo SDCC Figure
jose83

Postby vitorocks1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm

This is about the MOTU Classics line. Please ask Matty.

Any chance will see smaller figures like Kowl, Lo-Kee, Madame Razz and Broom, Imp? Any chance of re-doing an articulated Cringer....so he can cringe? Other smaller figures like GWILDOR!!!!! Any chance of a mutli-pack of sorts?

Please and thank you.
vitorocks1

Postby vitorocks1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:48 pm

BAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ask Matty!!!!!

I almost forgot about Dree-Elle!!!! Orko needs some love....where is her figure?

Please and thank you.
vitorocks1

Postby TSR » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 pm

jose83 wrote:Size always matter in action figures, the figure of Infinite Earth Club Atrocitus shown at conventions is smaller than it should be, do you have plans to remake size of the figure before his launch.

In one of the recent QnAs they said no. That the figure was generating a lot of buzz, whatever that means, so they were going forward with it as is.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Satam » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

TSR wrote:
jose83 wrote:Size always matter in action figures, the figure of Infinite Earth Club Atrocitus shown at conventions is smaller than it should be, do you have plans to remake size of the figure before his launch.

In one of the recent QnAs they said no. That the figure was generating a lot of buzz, whatever that means, so they were going forward with it as is.

Hence my question.
Satam

Postby Satam » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Anyway, here's another:

Will fans of the "Modern" era JSA be treated to any more figures in 2012, either in the subscription or at retail, or is a gray haired Jay Garrick going to be it for a while?
Satam

Postby TSR » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:27 am

Satam wrote:
TSR wrote:

Hence my question.

Please don't take this as snark, but see the above in bold. If that doesn't make sense, I'll rephrase it. Someone asked your exact question on would they make any changes to him, to increase his size and they said no. He was fine as is based on the "buzz" that was created around him online. They seem to be more pleased with people discussing the figure than what the people are actually SAYING about said figure.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Satam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm

TSR wrote:
Satam wrote:
TSR wrote:In one of the recent QnAs they said no. That the figure was generating a lot of buzz, whatever that means, so they were going forward with it as is.

Hence my question.

Please don't take this as snark, but see the above in bold. If that doesn't make sense, I'll rephrase it. Someone asked your exact question on would they make any changes to him, to increase his size and they said no. He was fine as is based on the "buzz" that was created around him online. They seem to be more pleased with people discussing the figure than what the people are actually SAYING about said figure.

Please don't take this as snarky, but you clearly didn't understand what I asked. Let me explain to see if it makes sense: While Jose's exact question has been asked, mine has not, I am not at all asking if they're going to change him or if he's going to be larger than standard. I remember Neitlich's answer to that question quite clearly. Mine is a follow-up question. I asked why they wouldn't make him slightly larger than the standard buck when they should have the parts to make it happen. Besides, they apparently changed their plans with Thom Kallor, so there could be some slim chance that letting them know that people aren't happy with their decision to make Atrocitus "Superman sized" might get them to change their plans. We've got well over a year until the last figure of the Sub is to be released so they could have time. I honestly really doubt that they would fix this even with some kind of campaign like "put lights on Metron's chair," but I figured it couldn't hurt.
Satam

PreviousNext

Return to The Seventh Market: Emerging Toys Forum