2012 DC Line: "All-Stars"

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: 2012 DC Line: “All-Stars”

Postby Mose » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 am

I posted this in the IAT article so I'll post it here, too. All three new figures revealed have something off about them:

Larfleeze – The body is fine but I don’t like the head. Most comic art depicts him with a longer maw/snout. If it had a head similar to the DC Direct version than this would have been a must buy. After seeing this, I’m glad I bought the DC Direct version.

I’m curious to know what art was used as the reference for this figure as I’ve never seen him portrayed with such a short maw/snout.

Superboy Prime – Again the body is fine but the head looks weird. It could just be the picture, though.

Flashpoint Plastic Man – The head is fine but they should have used smaller buck as he didn’t look that big in the mini-series.

Overall colour me unimpressed.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby TSR » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:-FP Plastic Man. If anyone at Mattel read FP:LOD and thought it was something worthy of giving a toy too, I'm really scared for that person. If it had at least been written well, I could excuse the over-the-top violence. But it wasn't, so I can't. I'm not terribly opposed to the design of the figure, I just still have shellshock from how awful LOD was...

I hadn't read it; I had only heard it was bad.

Then someone posted this pic over at RTM showing the over the top violence in the book:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31 ... ster_1.jpg

And then Noisy further explained:

For context, he just crawled out of that mouth; he's not sticking his hand in
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby nanite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:26 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I agree with all the criticisms, but I have a "job" to do and I did it:

DCUAllStars.Com: http://www.dcuallstars.com / http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=15239

Woulda had that up quicker, but I had to clean off the lameass watermarks. :roll:

And we thank you for your sacrifice! [grin]
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby TSR » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am

Noisy, you might want to remove Rebranded Line Wave??

from page http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=14852#20
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Tanglevine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi all; I'm new to these boards, but I'm an avid DCUC fan. I gotta agree with the posts above. It's a strange first wave. That being said, I'm only interested in SB Prime and maybe batman beyond if they give him wings like they did the Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle. Otherwise, I think I'm happier about having bought the subscription after seeing this wave.
Tanglevine

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Tanglevine wrote:Hi all; I'm new to these boards, but I'm an avid DCUC fan.

Welcome to the boards!

TSR wrote:Noisy, you might want to remove Rebranded Line Wave??

Thanks! It's on my to-do list. The checklist to-do is getting rather long... :oops:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby nanite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 pm

I wonder how distribution is going to be, as this really feels like a specialty-shop only sort of wave?

One of my Walmarts has already clearanced DCUC, and stopped stocking all the DC 6" lines, save for green lantern.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:13 am

I did a quick fix on that 2012 page.

It leaves me wondering if the 2pks (Hal/Kyle, Azrael/Bats) are All-Stars or Classics?
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby nanite » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 am

I'm not positive, but based on the BBTS and Entertainment Earth pre-orders, it looks like the figure price has jumped a dollar. :eek:
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby TSR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 pm

nanite wrote:I'm not positive, but based on the BBTS and Entertainment Earth pre-orders, it looks like the figure price has jumped a dollar. :eek:

here's what I had posted elsewhere on that subject:

---------------

No C&C and at retail means these should be lower priced, right?

http://bit.ly/v3KNyL

These are the most expensive Mattel made DC Universe related singles on BBTS - $18.99 each or get them as a set of 4 and "save $10 off the MSRP" (from the BBTS newsletter)

So they're saying $19 is the suggested price for these things. Ridiculous. (Btw, they have Series 20 up for preorder at $16.99 each. I don't know how we get less product but the price goes up $2???)

Then from Noisy's recent QnA
Question: With the loss of the C&C piece at both retail and in the subscription, what ways are Mattel looking into to retain the value lost by removing that feature?

Answer: Since the Collect and Connect will not be a part of a 6" figure purchase, we have explored ways to add additional benefits to the figures themselves.

In addition, for all of the fans who love oversized figures, now you can get them as part of the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths program – and you don’t even have to collect the pieces yourself, we’ll send the oversized figure to you whole!

What those benefits are I can't wait to see. No C&C but a raise in cost? This is going to be great.

And fan club members, you get the oversized figure delivered to you whole!
TSR
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum