2012 DC Line: "All-Stars"

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

2012 DC Line: "All-Stars"

Postby TSR » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 pm

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=15233

I don't feel that this is their strongest selection of characters possible for launching/relaunching a line

Larfleeze isn't his most iconic facial look

Superboy - he's actually fine, but I didn't think many people cared for the character

Plastic Man - again, sculpted fine but the book he's from was pretty much universally panned

Batman Beyond - is there anything new about him or just a straight forward rerelease? I never had any issues finding him so he's a bit of a head scratcher.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Re: 2012 DC Line: “All-Stars”

Postby nanite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Nope, I don't get it. Looks like Superboy Prime has a pinhead too, but that could just be the picture.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:19 pm

This line-up really makes no sense.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby twofisted » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I was expecting to see the New52 Supes and Batman. Perhaps 2 New52 characters and 2 mystery figures. Not thrilled with my DCD Superboy Prime so i'm hoping this one will have much better articulation.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby nanite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:47 pm

And we're still looking at a $16 pricepoint? There's nothing there that I would pay that much for, no accessories, no CnC part, where's the money going, exactly?
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery who virtually any of Mattel's latest 6" DC figures are meant to appeal to. :blink:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:08 pm

I agree with all the criticisms, but I have a "job" to do and I did it:

DCUAllStars.Com: http://www.dcuallstars.com / http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=15239

Woulda had that up quicker, but I had to clean off the lameass watermarks. :roll:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I pretty much agree with TSR's assessment.

-Larfleeze's head sculpt is incorrect (unless as he pointed out on the main page, DCnU Larfleeze lost his snout)

-Superboy Prime is actually fine. We're all just supposed to hate him since GJ turned him into a stand-in for bad fans.

-Batman Beyond is a higer dollar early figure, so a reissue is fine. Improvements would be better, but we have no idea since they used the same 2008 promo pic.

-FP Plastic Man. If anyone at Mattel read FP:LOD and thought it was something worthy of giving a toy too, I'm really scared for that person. If it had at least been written well, I could excuse the over-the-top violence. But it wasn't, so I can't. I'm not terribly opposed to the design of the figure, I just still have shellshock from how awful LOD was...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Ideal » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Larfleeze is one of those characters that is portrayed drastically different depending on who is drawing him (i dont think a lot of artists really know what he is supposed to look like), but regardless, this figure doesnt really look like any iteration that i'm familiar with

im super stoked about Superboy Prime (at this point he is the only DC Direct figure i openly display), but the head does look a bit odd in that picture, hopefully it will look better on the actual figure
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby nanite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm baffled as to why they would do a Flashpoint-specific figure at all? Didn't the new 52 make it a narrative dead-end?

Plus side: four figures I don't mind not seeing in the club.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum