Wrestling and MMA figure... Let's Get it On!!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wrestling and MMA figure... Let's Get it On!!

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey, DR, you might hit up your Target. The entrance greats (I think - the ones with the music bases) went down to $5 here.

Something else bugging me on the Wrestling front - there's no subscription for that, right? I didn't pay much attention. I should go look that up.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 pm

right, the WWE legends stuff will be going to matty collector monthly, but no sub. [smile] those WWE fans just get the best stuff, don't they? (i don't really know if that's a plus, honestly, as i suspect most WWE fans haven't encountered digitial clusterfudge yet)

i was at target last weekend and scored a vader (FINALLY) for 8 bucks, but i didn't see the entrance greats... not that i particularly care, those don't so much do it for me (except for the triple H that was in wave 1... he was great). vader already kicked the crap out of sheamus, took his belt, and challenged clawful... and got his ass whipped for his efforts. he needs ti win a lot more fights before he can challenge a master, yet alone the virtually uncrackable carapace of the clawful.

yes, that's right, i treat my wrestlers kind of like the highlander, in that they get stronger as they win battles... and a belted champion is highly resistant to attack damage unless they enter a stipulation match. the rules are kind of complex. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

dayraven wrote:right, the WWE legends stuff will be going to matty collector monthly, but no sub. [smile] those WWE fans just get the best stuff, don't they? (i don't really know if that's a plus, honestly, as i suspect most WWE fans haven't encountered digitial clusterfudge yet)]

You can say that again.

dayraven wrote:i was at target last weekend and scored a vader (FINALLY) for 8 bucks, but i didn't see the entrance greats... not that i particularly care, those don't so much do it for me (except for the triple H that was in wave 1... he was great). vader already kicked the crap out of sheamus, took his belt, and challenged clawful... and got his ass whipped for his efforts. he needs to win a lot more fights before he can challenge a master, yet alone the virtually uncrackable carapace of the clawful. [smile]

Did Clawful finish off Vader his own version of the choke slam? The Claw slam? :wink:
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 pm

it was actually more of a claw bitchslap.

but vader did manage to land a vader bomb before that. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:22 pm

just saw this over at my usual dirtsheet and thought it might be interesting to see if we can re-post any of the Q&A they're talking about (when it gets released)

NEW YORK , NY – RINGSIDE COLLECTIBLES, INC. presents the 8th annual RINGSIDE FEST, scheduled for Saturday, October 29th at Carolines on Broadway in Times Square, New York City.

This blockbuster event includes appearances by three of the hottest WWE Superstars including former WWE Champion CM PUNK, Mr. Money in the Bank DANIEL BRYAN and Internet Champion, Long Island Iced Z, ZACK RYDER!

Do not miss the RINGSIDE FEST Exclusive Mattel WWE Legends ‘MACHO KING’ RANDY SAVAGE that will exclusively be available for sale at this event. This limited edition Mattel WWE wrestling figure will commemorate ‘MACHO MAN’ RANDY SAVAGE’S unique MACHO KING attire.

Mattel's design team will also be on hand with the latest WWE Action Figures on display and participating in a Q&A Session with fans!

For details and to purchase Tickets visit: www.RingsideFest.com.

Ringside Collectibles, Inc. is the #1 on-line retailer of Mattel WWE Wrestling Figures.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

i know i don't generally talk wrestling... but here goes...

who in their right friggin mind is buying a vickie guerrero figure? you either have to A) be a completist, and therefore hopelessly stupid or B) you hate eddie guerrero. and if you actually hate eddie guerrero, at least have some respect for the dead... he clearly married that cow in a drug-induced haze, and then sobered up but was a man of his word. there's no human way possible he found that woman attractive, even if he liked her personally, you're not buying "vickie guerrero, loving wife and mom"... you're buying vickie guerrero, the shrill and hopelessly out of touch non-wrestling character who's unpleasant to look at, and a woman (for those who might have thought her a hutt) so she's truly and completely like the anti-toy. the only thing i conceive of as a buying point is using the toy as a voodoo doll of sorts for all the degrading and destructive urges we can't carry out on her directly as a person, but that indicates a kind of psychosis that really, i can't help but say, get help. there are people in this world who care, and they're urging you to seek professional help.

back to the point, she's a thick, unpretty lady in a wrestling figure line... this is a waste of plastic. and it goes without saying that she generates unwatchable television. no single character EVER in the 30 plus years of my being a WWE fan, has generated more "change the channel" moments than vickie guerrero. if there's a god, and he likes eddie, as well he should were he a kind and just god, there will be a new hell made just for vickie guerrero, when her promos play 24/7, on an imax screen the size of olympus mons and in stereo sound so loud it rattles her soul... and she'll be the only person there stuck watching the loop for the rest of time. that would be justice, and nothing short of that would be. (hence why i know there is no god, cuz that's just not happening)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 am

dayraven wrote:i know i don't generally talk wrestling... but here goes...

who in their right friggin mind is buying a vickie guerrero figure? you either have to A) be a completist, and therefore hopelessly stupid or B) you hate eddie guerrero. and if you actually hate eddie guerrero, at least have some respect for the dead... he clearly married that cow in a drug-induced haze, and then sobered up but was a man of his word. there's no human way possible he found that woman attractive, even if he liked her personally, you're not buying "vickie guerrero, loving wife and mom"... you're buying vickie guerrero, the shrill and hopelessly out of touch non-wrestling character who's unpleasant to look at, and a woman (for those who might have thought her a hutt) so she's truly and completely like the anti-toy. the only thing i conceive of as a buying point is using the toy as a voodoo doll of sorts for all the degrading and destructive urges we can't carry out on her directly as a person, but that indicates a kind of psychosis that really, i can't help but say, get help. there are people in this world who care, and they're urging you to seek professional help.

back to the point, she's a thick, unpretty lady in a wrestling figure line... this is a waste of plastic. and it goes without saying that she generates unwatchable television. no single character EVER in the 30 plus years of my being a WWE fan, has generated more "change the channel" moments than vickie guerrero. if there's a god, and he likes eddie, as well he should were he a kind and just god, there will be a new hell made just for vickie guerrero, when her promos play 24/7, on an imax screen the size of olympus mons and in stereo sound so loud it rattles her soul... and she'll be the only person there stuck watching the loop for the rest of time. that would be justice, and nothing short of that would be. (hence why i know there is no god, cuz that's just not happening)

Yeesh, that’s harsh. C’mon man, be a star. [magic]

Honestly, in my short time back, I find Michael Cole worse. I’ve actually muted the TV a few matches because of him. Besides, how else was Dolph Ziggler going to draw heat at first as his promo abilities weren’t as strong yet.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 am

WWE Legends wave 4 just came out up here and I actually picked up Demolition Ax and Smash. I’m surprised how good the QC is on both of them. The plastic for the bodies is sturdy and durable while the studded leather is soft and pliable. In terms of paint there’s a bit of slop but that’s it. If I didn’t know these were made by mattel, I honestly would have though another company made them.

How can the QC for the WWE figures be good while for both DCUC and MOTUC it’s all over the place?
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Mose wrote:WWE Legends wave 4 just came out up here and I actually picked up Demolition Ax and Smash. I’m surprised how good the QC is on both of them. The plastic for the bodies is sturdy and durable while the studded leather is soft and pliable. In terms of paint there’s a bit of slop but that’s it. If I didn’t know these were made by mattel, I honestly would have though another company made them.

How can the QC for the WWE figures be good while for both DCUC and MOTUC it’s all over the place?

i've been asking that since i snagged triple h and taker from mattel WWE series 1... the line is almost a slap in the face to dcu fans. i truly believe that if more dcu fans were also buying the wwe line, they'd be a lot less forgiving of the QC problems that have plagued dcu.

i too have demolition, and i love them... i eventually hope and pray eventually they give us a demolition era crush to round out the team. oh, and it goes without say, you should snag the LOD if you have a shot at them.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 pm

dayraven wrote:i've been asking that since i snagged triple h and taker from mattel WWE series 1... the line is almost a slap in the face to dcu fans. i truly believe that if more dcu fans were also buying the wwe line, they'd be a lot less forgiving of the QC problems that have plagued dcu.

DCUC fans would either go nuts or they’d make fun of it for being a wrestling figure.

dayraven wrote:i too have demolition, and i love them... i eventually hope and pray eventually they give us a demolition era crush to round out the team. oh, and it goes without say, you should snag the LOD if you have a shot at them.

I hope they release Crush as well. In terms of the LOD, I never found them. If they showed up, I assume they were snagged quickly. Makes me sad thinking about it.

Also I noticed the Rockers are being sold on November 20th. Is that so WWE fans don't find out about the WSOD?
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion