NYCC 2011 MOTUC 2012 Reveals

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

NYCC 2011 MOTUC 2012 Reveals

Postby Mose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Masters of the Universe Classics 2012 Figures at NYCC 11

http://www.toyark.com/news/masters-of-t ... c-11-4902/

Two new figures revealed: Snakemen M@A and Horde Prime
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Re: NYCC 2011 MOTUC 2012 Reveals

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Horde Prime! HOLY Guacamole! That figure is So freaking AWESOME!!
Snake Man-at-Arms: New head, "200X" Repaint while still looking EXACTLY LIKE THE VINTAGE FIGURE... Really? The whole "we want a 200X variant of MAA" thing was ALMOST the same thing as the "We want a 200X Evil Lyn thing!!"
New Shoulder Pauldron in the shape of the 200X one (but smaller than the 200X one)
New left wrist and boot to match the 200X version...
UGH!!
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:50 pm

yup, they kind of gipped us on the 200x MAA... i did read though that the serpent ring might be die-cast... what an odd way to blow the budget for that fig.

horde prime looks cool, i like the new boots most (don't mock me) but the whole design is nice. the helm/shoulder seems a tad overly large, but not deal breakingly so. the color scheme i think makes it. red and black just look awesome together, and add in the silver... it's a classic look. it's a nice mix of new bits and used parts, clearly they used roboto's arms... it's a nice design. the "official" look for horde prime, as i understand it, is the catfish face, and he should canonically be much larger, but hey, they dicked me out of a huge king grayskull, so this is par for the course.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 am

I think the MOTUC line has con fatigue. :lol:

These reveals aren't too bad, but we saw a lot of cooler stuff between SDCC & PowerCon. I have some mild concerns about the release schedule. We've now seen through June and ToyFair is usually used for May-August and we've cut in to that. Toy Fair '12 might just be the July & August club figures, Geoff's 30th figure, and maybe a beast. And we should be hearing "we can't talk about anything after Horde Prime" for about four month straight... :eek:

Anyway, Snake MAA is the closest I think we've gotten to a waste of a slot. It does finally explain why the Q&A's started being more adamant that the Snake Guard head wasn't MAA. This was on the schedule. I don't mind it, but it's pretty low on my needs list. The head does look great at least.

Horde Prime is okay. I love the look and I don't mind the crazy reuse (heads, cape, helmet, and maybe armor are new?). I do think they made the right choice bumping this guy out of being the Sub Exclusive though.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:50 am

it would have been nice if i didnt miss the MOTUC panel because I was talking to everyone at the O'nell booth lol
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:51 am

Die Cast!? Really, Mattel? Really? WHY? To make the figure Extra heavy and screw over the International Customers!? Y'all still owe me from that BGT shipping costs Screw up...
Also, the figures can barely hold on to their weapons with their hands... a Die Cast Serpent ring would make that thing UNHOLDABLE to 90% of the toys...
Seriously, I wish I was the Mighty Spector so I could go back in time and bitchslap the "genius" behind these moronic ideas... long before they have them.
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:44 pm

At least that brings forward a Man-At-Arms figure CLOSER to Spector's release date... Custom Fodder for a Dark MAA is now available...
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby AdventureVault » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:45 pm

MAA has a great heads culpt, and I love that he's in the 200X colors. Unfortunately, he's just going to be some random snakemen soldier on my shelf. I'll probably even give him different armor so he doesn't look exactly like MAA.

Anyone else annoyed when they give us props instead of more accessories? It really seems like a waste.

I do love that Horde Prime though. His helmet reminds me of a giant koi!
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Horde Prime is one Bad looking mother.....in a good way
:twisted:
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

dude, i don't think there's any reason to freak over the weight of that tiny ring. not only will the figs hold it, but i suspect it won't add to your shipping weight at all. it's pretty damned thin. that said, i don't understand the die-cast reasoning... why now, for that accessory? that makes no sense. and wouldn't that have been a better idea to save for a snake man release? like tung lashor, for example, who had but one canon accessory? that MAA is kind of a waste... i saw that he includes the club, but he's got no other weapons? the hell!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com