Artwork for MU figure packaging?

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Artwork for MU figure packaging?

Postby JadeGiant » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Newb here with a question.

The checklist page for the Marvel Universe action figure line lists the artists that did the art for the packaging. Does anyone know where this information came from? In some cases I am not sure it is the correct artist. I would like to try and track down some of the art but want to confirm the artists.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
JadeGiant

Re: Artwork for MU figure packaging?

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I can't cite specific sources off the top of my head, just from the various press releases over the years as I built the checklist. I know that Cho did the '09 art and Deodato the '10 art. I actually need to update the '11 page because Coipel started the year, but from the looks of it a different artist has taken over for Wave 14 & 15.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Artwork for MU figure packaging?

Postby JadeGiant » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:16 am

thanks for the reply. I am trying to ID and list all the art on the Hulk figures. Looks like Cho did the initial 3 released figures, Bob Layton did the Secret Wars Hulk (and others), and I want to say the WWH looks like Jimmy Cheung. I would like to ID the Avengers 3 pack artwork and the new light up base artwork. As far as Deodato, I see the artwork linked below but don't know what packaging it was on (I break all my figures out and throw away the packaging).

http://cdn.toyark.com/news/attach/2/6/0 ... 297743.jpg
JadeGiant

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum