Illumina Day! December 15th

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Illumina Day! December 15th

Postby Mose » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:33 am

Given the amount of reuse she’d use, shown by Darkspecter’s images, I'm surprised they haven’t announced her yet. She'd be easy to do given that Mattel already has many pieces she'll need already sculpted.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:52 am

Thats pretty much what I have been saying! It seems like Mattel would jump on this Sure there is some conflicting ideas of how many re used parts but in any view most of the figure is re used. it seems like the IDAY threads on various sites have a decent number of supporters but who's to say how many of those are repeats... :twisted:
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am

First off, depending on how cool she turned out, I'd more than likely buy her.

But I don't see how reuse works particularly in her favor when that's the M.O. of the line and there are plenty or high reuse characters left to do.

Makes it MORE likely that Mattel could release her, but doesn't speak in favor of releasing her before Jitsu, Spikor, Mekaneck, Clamp Champ, and so on.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:33 am

i would argue that spikor wouldn't have as much re-use as the new pic emiliano did using motuc parts.

that said, i don't think the demand is all that high, and it never has been. we're talking, between the org, the fwoosh, toynewsi, IAT and the fan ex boards, guanabana, what 300 unique names? add in the matty boards and MAYBE you're up to 400 names? MAYBE? we're not that big a community, so assuming because 5 guys gave a positive response to a mock-up picture doesn't mean you can expect gangbusters sales. what's worse, we at the fanex boards know that if you get 15 names that say they want an item, that translates into 7 sales because come sell time, at least half of all internet douchebags will find a way to weasel out of things they'd already pledged. and then two or three more people will have legit reasons why they can't buy, but one more person will find a way they didn't anticipate to afford them.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Illumina looks fantastic, but I'm just not all that crazy about her. One thing I've been confused about, is this big campaign for Illumina meant to include her in the 30th Anniv. sub-line or as perhaps a new figure in the Club Eternia line, either as a monthly or quarterly release?

I applaud this effort and while I will give it my moral support, I don't really plan to do take action on it.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Darkspecter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 pm

dayraven, there are 341 Facebook supporters in the Illumina Group. I know there are a bunch of people on the .org that support her and do not have Facebook. I haven't counted the supporters from all the Illumina Day threads though. I plan to do that after Illumina Day takes place and see where we're at.

PrfktTear wrote:One thing I've been confused about, is this big campaign for Illumina meant to include her in the 30th Anniv. sub-line or as perhaps a new figure in the Club Eternia line, either as a monthly or quarterly release?

I applaud this effort and while I will give it my moral support, I don't really plan to do take action on it.

Illumina Day is mainly meant to inform people about who Illumina is (because, even though she has some hardcore fans, she is obscure) and to get her and her cat in MOTUC somehow: a Club Eternia Beast slot, SDCC exclusive, Power-Con exclusive, Matty travelling con exclusive, etc. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not campaigning to get her released next year. A couple years would be nice...but I just want her eventually.

It's also meant to be a fun event for fans! We really need more of those. I'm really excited to see what everyone posts on December 15th. Hunter Knight (the customizer) actually made an Illumina custom figure. He's supposed to be posting the video for her later tonight.

Here's his teaser image:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/ind ... board=talk

You can also join the Illumina Facebook group here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
Darkspecter
Chief
Chief

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:43 pm

dayraven wrote:i would argue that spikor wouldn't have as much re-use as the new pic emiliano did using motuc parts.

that said, i don't think the demand is all that high, and it never has been. we're talking, between the org, the fwoosh, toynewsi, IAT and the fan ex boards, guanabana, what 300 unique names? add in the matty boards and MAYBE you're up to 400 names? MAYBE? we're not that big a community, so assuming because 5 guys gave a positive response to a mock-up picture doesn't mean you can expect gangbusters sales. what's worse, we at the fanex boards know that if you get 15 names that say they want an item, that translates into 7 sales because come sell time, at least half of all internet douchebags will find a way to weasel out of things they'd already pledged. and then two or three more people will have legit reasons why they can't buy, but one more person will find a way they didn't anticipate to afford them.

Demand is a hard thing to gauge this is true. I think that even beyond the people supporting Iday this character would sell pretty well I mean people love females and beasts! I honestly dont think anyone wants Illumina to be released before any of the major characters people are waiting for. I just think this a cool looking character that I know I would buy if they put her out. I think it would make a great large sclae beast/multipack slot at some point and it would be damn interesting. Now im not hating on the star sisters at all but they kind of seem like a really lame multipack compared to something as awesome as the palace guards 2 pack I mean its just three girls and their bird and it doesnt even appear they have any interesting acc...they do look cool But I would rather have a sweet multi pack like Illumina and her cat anyday. We will have to see what happens in 2013..if we even get a sub then. More than anything I think Iday is just plain old fun and we need more of that in this community for sure
:evil:

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 pm

I can get behind supporting and raising awareness about obscure characters (she was from the comics, right?). I'd consider myself a big fan of MOTU, but there are still a lot of characters I've never heard of because I haven't read all of the minicoms or the DC Comics.

As long as this doesn't become a witch hunt, then I'm fine with people campaigning for her.

I'd love to one day see a Geldor, or maybe the Lizard man from the poster, Evil-Seed, or the green & maroon lizard/wolf doods who had an appearance in a minicom.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah I think making some of the more obscure known the the public is a good thing. Iday has some pretty level headed people behind it...unlike some of the other "make this character NOW" threads going on out there now plus its good creative outlet with all the pictures and stuff people will be making.

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 pm

PrfktTear wrote: or maybe the Lizard man from the poster,

if you're referring to the movie poster, the lower left beside skeletor is beastman and saurod. [smile] he should be able to be made in the motuc line because while they don't have the rights to the movie characters, saurod and blade got figs in the vintage line. saurod has a mouth sparking action that in no way resembled anything he did in the film.

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com