The IAT Official "Ask Mattel" Submission Thread

A forum dedicated to the innovative toy lines of tomorrow. Four Horsemen's Fantastic Exclusive & the Outer Space Men, Onell Design's Glyos, ThreeA, & a host of other Designer/Alternative Toys that you need to tell others about...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby getman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:13 pm

I Have a question:
Will there be a DCUC crime champions action figure gift set,a DCUC secret society of super villains action figure gift set,and a DCUC subline featuring the hanna barbera super heroes anytime soon?
getman

Postby Four_Sticks » Wed May 11, 2011 12:23 am

Regarding the MOTUC line,

A Majority of the 3rd release He-Man and Skeletor figures that were sold on Cyber Monday both had problems. The placement of He-Man’s hair and finish on his body were messed up, and the paint applications on Skeletor’s face were terrible. I’ve swapped multiple figures with Matty Collector’s customer service over 6 times and a Majority of the replacements still have these problems. Are you planning on re-issuing these figures again in the near future because of these issues or should I keep trying my luck with Customer Service?
Four_Sticks

Postby Sebastian » Mon May 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Dear Matty,
Regarding the Ghostbusters line, will we ever see a Diana figure? She is really a must have for us collectors, and I wonder if you guys ever gonna release one?
Thanks
Sebastian

Postby Gr33n L4nt3rn 1988 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

This is much harder than it sounds lol

ok for the DCUC line

Will there ever be a way for a collector to ever buy just the CnC figure from a wave without buying the entire wave?

For the JLU line

can you tell us what the planned fall 7-pack was? I know I would've bought it if it was a founding members set in classic colors
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worsip Evil's Might, Beware My Power Green Lantern's Light!

MMPR FTW best ever

Loyal Servant Of King HSSSS

Monkeywrench1988 of Hisstank, Stratos1988 on the matty forums
Gr33n L4nt3rn 1988

Postby Tekwych » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Gr33n L4nt3rn 1988 wrote:Will there ever be a way for a collector to ever buy just the CnC figure from a wave without buying the entire wave?

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way but this a bad question and should not be considered. The C&C figures are a promotional gimic used by Mattel and the retailers to get people to buy more figures. If you like the C&C then you might pick up additional figures that you would otherwise pass over. To offer these figures in any other way defeats the whole reason for a C&C. If Mattel ever did offer a C&C figure complete and without the need to buy all the associated figures then most retailers would revolt and drop the line altogether.

That said this question has been asked and answered many times already both in Matty Q&As and at Matty Collector as well.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Freefire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:18 pm

I wouldn't mind if there were select older CnC's that were released, ones that would be prohibitively expensive to get now. Mainly for me that's Grodd, Grundy, and Giganta. If stores object to older CnC's being released or sold because it kills the incentive to buy the whole wave then maybe a one time offer for those hard to get figures would be ok. Otherwise a minimum of a year or two after a wave is released so it doesnt affect a wave's saleability for any of the CnC's. And any of that on Matty.com as it has such a small footprint and wouldn't affect retail at all.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:11 pm

see, i wouldn't do just the CnC, but i'd consider a boxed set, if i were mattel... that way, you're getting all of your initial investment returned, you could do a simple palette swap for the box, so the originals keep their "secondary value" but folks who missed out on the originals could have access to the whole wave, and the CnC in one box. getting the whole CnC might entice some folks w/ a partial wave to buy, which means they'd be rebuying some of the single figs they already had, but that's good for mattel, and they have proven that what's best for them trumps what's best for us pretty much every time out of the gate.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby OnlyOneSkeletor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Dear Matty,
i'm a newcomer in this wonderful community we are;
i'd like to know if we're right hoping for a Battleground skeletor whom may
wear more outfits such as a mantle for example?..
he was introduced this way along the 200X drama,following his so-called death
as Keldor and i think he looked pretty classy :happy:
same for stratos,and Sy-Klone their 200X versions are definitely more cool,
besides they were edited this way so he should be easy?i am wrong?
thanks for answering
Best Regards
OnlyOneSkeletor

Postby Shadow_Contact » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:55 am

Matty, With the scaling back of the Ghostbusters, I know you cant Comment on items too far in the future but I was wondering if in 2012 we could get a pack with stands, more proton streams, another trap and Rays goggles. Is there any possbility or is this not feasible?
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Mose » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Are the $5 off DCUC figure coupons that come with August figure sales only open to the US? As I live outside the US and mine didn’t include any coupons.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to The Seventh Market: Emerging Toys Forum