Transformers Prime

A Forum for all your favorite Hasbro toy lines: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Jem & the Holograms, & Much More...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Transformers Prime

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:37 am

Huh. That strikes me as odd that there's not a must-have TF for SDCC. Though, I guess the reissues weren't must haves either - and with Blaster leaking out elsewhere, I can see why they stopped it.

I still haven't made a decision on prime toys. I'm really bummed that Grapple ended up being a repeat of Inferno. I'm trying to be good about what I spend money on and TF will probably be on the short end of the stick again.

It perturbs me though (at myself). I've got this reoccurring fascination with jumping in and blowing money on TFs every few years.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Huh. That strikes me as odd that there's not a must-have TF for SDCC. Though, I guess the reissues weren't must haves either - and with Blaster leaking out elsewhere, I can see why they stopped it.

I still haven't made a decision on prime toys. I'm really bummed that Grapple ended up being a repeat of Inferno. I'm trying to be good about what I spend money on and TF will probably be on the short end of the stick again.

It perturbs me though (at myself). I've got this reoccurring fascination with jumping in and blowing money on TFs every few years.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I actually appreciate the lack of must-have TFs at SDCC, and it’s much more preferable to (and almost the opposite of) Mattel’s “You’re not a real fan if you don’t come to SDCC” attendee only exclusive hand-outs. That way you don’t feel bad about missing out on something.

The Prime toys are starting to look like Animated 2.0, with a lot of articulation. In terms of Grapple being a retool of Inferno, that was to be expected. In G1 Grapple was a retool of Inferno and I believe they shared similar animation models in the cartoon.

In terms of jumping in every few years, they do make some excellent and must-have TFs from time to time.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 am

Transformers Prime Toys at SDCC 2011

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 11-172923/

More images of First Editions Arcee, Bumblebee and Starscream. They seem to be fairly articulated.

Transformers Prime Deluxe Starscream Video & Pictorial Review

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ew-172907/

A video review of First Edition Starscream. Shows how articulated he is.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 am

Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 3 and Voyager Official Images

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-172926/

Voyager Bulkhead – Looks amazing. They managed to pull off his chest transformation. Comes with his wrecking ball.

Voyager Optimus Prime – Also awesome. Comes with his sword and blaster.

Terrorcon (Zombie) Cliffjumper – Looks good. Stated to be mis-transformed as the chest can separate slide up higher on the body. Normal Cliffjumper coming in deluxe wave 2.

Vehicon - Looks good as well.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:13 pm

totally off message for a moment, but mose, as the local IAT canadian ambassador... thank you for poutine. thank you, thank you, merci beacoup... that is all.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Bulkhead! I don't know why I love him so much, but I do...

Cliffjumper is purty cool, I'd prolly wait on his regular version though. Poor fella.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm

dayraven wrote:totally off message for a moment, but mose, as the local IAT canadian ambassador... thank you for poutine. thank you, thank you, merci beacoup... that is all.

I'm honoured that you consider me the local IAT canadian ambassador! Your also welcome about the poutine bit!

So, what do you think of some of the prime stuff?

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Bulkhead! I don't know why I love him so much, but I do...

Cliffjumper is purty cool, I'd prolly wait on his regular version though. Poor fella.

In the show he's a likable character as well as being fairly show acurate. I didn't think about this until now but because the wrecking ball pegs into the back his hand, he technically has his arm cannon as well.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:30 pm

i like what i've seen so far... they look slick.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Transformers Prime Voyagers in Person Shots @ SDCC 2011 plus Cliffjumper reveal

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 11-172936/

More images of the Prime figures Bulkhead, Optimus and vehicon drone in and out of packaging. Voyagers will be packaged in robot mode. Bulkhead can peg his wrecking ball into either forearm, meaning both arms can technically turn into cannons.

They also revealed Cliffjumper (standare version)!

Cliffjumper (standard version) – Has flip out gatling cannons for both arms. Chances are zombie Cliffjumper will have this feature as well.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 pm

bulkhead is damned pretty.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext