Wave 18 (Apache Chief) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wave 18 (Apache Chief) Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

The All-Stars do function as the anchors you fellas are talking about. Batman, Joker, & Deathstroke (not the best example) alternate around in the 16 cases. Superman & Martian Manhunter are in the 17 cases. Granted Wave 18 doesn't have All-Stars though. I think that's a weird decision, but Mattel did sell through those characters in the JLU line already.

I think 19 is going to be an awesome lineup that rights the ship. It is a themed wave - but so was 16 and none of us noticed themed waves til 17 was announced (I'm surprised Toy Guru hasn't tried to rub that in our faces).

One thing I would like though is to get some "a-list" variants. One Million Decos, alternate costumes, etc of the bigger heroes. Superman 1 Million, Zebra Batman, Hippolyta Wonder Woman, Hook Aquaman, WALLY frikken' West, Kyle in his original duds, Perez Zatanna, etc.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I think 19 is going to be an awesome lineup that rights the ship. It is a themed wave - but so was 16 and none of us noticed themed waves til 17 was announced (I'm surprised Toy Guru hasn't tried to rub that in our faces).

Who is in 19?
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm

We don't have any "locks" yet, but we do know that it's a JSA/Golden Age themed wave. And TG had said it will be more like 16/18 than 17, so I'm guessing four figures fitting the theme and two that may not fit as well.

I know I'm echoing an older rumor list here, but I think there's a good chance that we'll see some mix of Jay Garrick, Atom, & Sandman. And if Stripe is the C&C, hopefully Stargirl is in the mix too. That list was partially right about 18 and completely wrong about 20 (since it's said to not be a GL theme wave), so who knows, but since the bulk of the figs will be JSA/GA, it'd be hard for Matty to screw up. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 am

They will, believe that. But I hope we do get to finally see Jay and Wes, it's about time. I'd also like to finally see the golden age Atom scale size appropriate. I know he's short like Wolverine is, but DC Direct really screwed up his figures by making him super-small.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Atom is going to be a tough one for them to get right. DCD blew it for sure.

Hopefully, Mattel at least makes sure to do him as a variant. Fanbase is pretty evenly divided on which costume they want (though I can't imagine why anyone wants the later one :razz: ).
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:38 pm

so, mike crawford has his review up for the second part of this wave... and is it me, or are there some terrible color errors on his figs? the first shot of apache chief looks like the upper thigh and the lower thigh/calves are two different colors, and even two different levels of definition in the sculpt. also, the mold flashing on his legs is terrible, worse than normal. and of course, the head band sits up too high, making him look like he's got a sasquatch skull.

el dorado's face is also much redder than his torso.

i can easily see a plastic "swirl" on black lightning's forehead that is NOT part of the costume... looks like he got a swirley when the plastic was still warm.

is this a trick of his lighting, which is usually perfect, or did he get some saltwater figs?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 am

I just received my wave 18 and i'm pretty happy with them all. Dont let the pics on that review sway you. The paint on my Black Vulcan is fantastic. He has clean sharp lines. Theres also no swirl in the plastic on his head either. There IS a slight color difference between the upper and lower leg on the Chief.

Looks like the coloring on my Samurai's face isnt as drastic as the one in the review. My Samurai's face pretty much matches the color on his neck.

The review is 100% right on that boomerang. Its like the damn think is made of bubble gum. I already threw that thing out and whittled down a batarang and put it in his hand. That thing is pathetic. Same goes for the yellow "lightning" bands on Black Vulcan....they're extremely soft and rubbery. The "ears" on the sides of Black Vulcans head also seem to be made of the same weak plastic. The right ear on mine was tweaked in the package.

Overall i'm happy with my purchase. This wave makes me want to now buy some duplicates of the other Super Friends so i can have a full team display. If i could only find another Wonder Twins set to bust out of the package.

Got my fingers crossed for Wendy and Marvin and Wonder Dog! hehe
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Mine are arriving tomorrow! I'm excited!
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:38 pm

I opened them last night... Boomerang aside, this is a really fun wave. We'll have an Enuk-chuk Week here in a week or two! :cool:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 am

It took a month but the reviews are finally coming... [sweat]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum