The IAT Official "Ask Mattel" Submission Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby dayraven » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 pm

hey gents, had a serious question for the next matty Q&A... why aren't the palace guard and BA he-man chest pieces interchangable? wouldn't it have been more economically sound to re-use those molds, rather than investing in very similar, yet different, tools?
Prying open my third eye
User avatar
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am
Location: the darkest recesses of the primordial human brain

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby dayraven » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 pm

another serious question for the matty Q&A:

If mattel dropped the CnC pack in pieces, could the retail price of the DCU figures be reduced?
Prying open my third eye
User avatar
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am
Location: the darkest recesses of the primordial human brain

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby Toygiant » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 pm

dayraven wrote:hey gents, had a serious question for the next matty Q&A... why aren't the palace guard and BA he-man chest pieces interchangable? wouldn't it have been more economically sound to re-use those molds, rather than investing in very similar, yet different, tools?


Wondered the exact same thing. I'm assuming BA Skelly will then have a 3rd type of chesticle as well.
User avatar
Toygiant
Commander
Commander
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby dayraven » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Toygiant wrote:
dayraven wrote:hey gents, had a serious question for the next matty Q&A... why aren't the palace guard and BA he-man chest pieces interchangable? wouldn't it have been more economically sound to re-use those molds, rather than investing in very similar, yet different, tools?


Wondered the exact same thing. I'm assuming BA Skelly will then have a 3rd type of chesticle as well.


probably... some cost-saving thinking ahead, eh?
Prying open my third eye
User avatar
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am
Location: the darkest recesses of the primordial human brain

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

can these question be asked this round? please?
Prying open my third eye
User avatar
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am
Location: the darkest recesses of the primordial human brain

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 am

The one about the chest plates will go in on the 1st (if it's not answered by any of the 1st Q&As) to get answered by the fifteenth.

The one about the C&C pieces has been answered in a roundabout way already the online retailers are pre-ordering the Batman Legacy figures at a higher price than they are the regular waves. :oops:
User avatar
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 am
Location: Missouri

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby TSR » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:The one about the C&C pieces has been answered in a roundabout way already the online retailers are pre-ordering the Batman Legacy figures at a higher price than they are the regular waves. :oops:

yeah, that drives me nuts. I'll buy Cat man (and probably have to preorder him) and that's it.They can eat the other repaints if they think I'll pay more than the standard DCUC that also comes with a C&C piece
User avatar
TSR
Commander
Commander
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Northern VA

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby dayraven » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:45 pm

how come every time i see questions on the New Gods, I see Highfather and Granny Goodness get name dropped, but nary a Yuga Khan mention? YUGA, YUGA, YUGA!!
Prying open my third eye
User avatar
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 am
Location: the darkest recesses of the primordial human brain

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby Tekwych » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am

Now that most of the Legion of Super Heroes figures have been announced would you tell how they will be packaged? Are they individual figures in a case pack of will there be a custom box design offered with the set?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
User avatar
Tekwych
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 am
Location: New Mexico

Re: The IAT "Ask Mattel" Thread

Postby getman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Will there be an elseworlds style crossover for DCUC and MOTUC anytime soon?
getman
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Latest Headlines

ItsAllTrue.Net