The Young Justice Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

The Young Justice Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

If you've been following Young Justice toy news then you know that the cartoon is getting two divergent toy lines. An animated 4" line that will continue on in the vein, if not exactly the style of, JLU and a 6" line that will be mostly DCUC compatible (the heads are animated). I'm mostly interested in the DCUC line for obvious reasons...

We saw the first figures back at Toy Fair. AFI's gallery has pics of Robin, Artemis, and Aqualad.

Anyway, Kastor's Korner has given us our first look at Red Arrow at C2E2 today...

I'm not sure what's what as there appear to be 2 figures - maybe a variant? Either way he looks pretty cool. I like them all except Robin so far, but the price (they all have mini-playsets) kinda sucks so far.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: The Young Justice Thread

Postby Junkpile » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Huh... I hadn't noticed, but the two are a bit different decos aren't they? I can't imagine wanting to buy a variant at $20, though. Truthfully, that price point is gonna kill the line for me, I think. Robin's dio isn't bad, but I've seen nothing from the others that justifies the extra $$. Roy's weapons look a bit goofy to me as well, so that's a killer as well. An $8 figure for $20? No sir.

BTW - I can't swear to it, but little Roy's upper right arm looks like it's an upper left.
Junkpile
Chief
Chief

Postby TSR » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't understand the larger figure - its very different in the deco to my eyes. Especially note the straps hanging off his pants and some on his legs as well (beside the difference in colors on the shirts and pants).
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

One looks close to his show appearance and the other is closer to his comic appearance...........
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:One looks close to his show appearance and the other is closer to his comic appearance...........

Oops. I totally spaced on that. The smaller one is accurate to the designs we saw before the show started and the 2up is accurate to how he actually appeared in the show after adopting the Red Arrow persona.

I'm not really sure what the story is the difference. The 2up should be 4H done and is show accurate - and has a different head no less. All kinda odd.

Junkpile wrote:Truthfully, that price point is gonna kill the line for me, I think. Robin's dio isn't bad, but I've seen nothing from the others that justifies the extra $$. Roy's weapons look a bit goofy to me as well, so that's a killer as well.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with the dioramas and extra weapons, but I'm holding out hope that the in-store price at Wal-Mart won't be as high as the online retailers are charging. I know BBTS keeps the DCUCs at $15, but on things like Transformers the prices can be more than a few bucks higher than retail. I'm hoping that's the case with these.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Here's some Matty fun for the day:

When asked about the two Speedy's, Toy Guru said that the larger one in the back is the 2up of the 4" figure.

'Course, if you look at it, you can tell that it's not 8" tall, not done in the animated style, and that it's clearly on a DCUC buck with DCUC articulation. All the previous animated 2ups looked like animated 2ups (check 'em out here: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... 319-40.php ) so what gives?

The worst part is, if his answer is in some insane way correct (though why an animated figure would be on a non-animated 2up makes no sense that I can think of) that still doesn't address that the 2up is show accurate and the scaled down figure is wrong. :roll:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 pm

I cornered one of the in house sculpters as he was checking in for their panel tomorrow and what he said was the 2 ups were done as "starting points" for all the scales. As each line was finalized they took what they could / wanted from the 2 up and went from there. The idea is whatever the scale and whatever the final design needs they all came from a common starting point.

By the way, the 2 up had been removed from display by the time I got ther to take more pictures. I will have to use my shots from Friday to make comparisons. Hopefully there will be pictures very late on Monday or early Tuesday.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby TSR » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 am

Thank you for the info!
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby twofisted » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 am

Cant wait for the C&C Hall of Justice. I always wondered why they didnt expand on the C&C concept and go past just figures. A C&C Batmobile would probably be tough to pull off, but some C&C diorama sets for the DCUC figures would be nice.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm excited for the HoJ, but I don't know if I can buy all the figures just to get it.

I'm still liking what I see from the 6" figures (Except Robin). Aqualad is stil my favorite so far. I love his accessories (pics courtesy of SDComics, he has a ton at the Mess here: http://www.criticalmess.net/index.php?topic=13567.615 )
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum