Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

Postby twofisted » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

Still building my Bane figure. Just received my Creeper, Hex, and Mercury. Dunno about everybody else, but i'm pleased with the size of Bane.

One thing I'm wondering is on the Mercury figure, why did they make his nose a separate peice? It's not like its a big head of hair that requires a separate price. It's just a slightly larger nose
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Logistics! :lol:

It's one of two things. It's practical, it'd be difficult to demold that long of a protrusion or it's shape or size could've required a different grade of plastic than the rest of the head. It is softer.

I just hope they don't reuse it for Ralph. I don't want his nose to be stupid. :matty:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Toygiant » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:54 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:.... or it's shape or size could've required a different grade of plastic than the rest of the head. It is softer.

I'm sure this is why. In order to pass safety inspection it more than likey had to be a different durometer PVC since it's so pointy.
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby twofisted » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 am

makes for more QC problems. The nose on mine is seated in the head pretty good. The tiny seam makes him look like he's got a false nose on. Its only a matter of time before we hear complaints of crooked noses, upside down noses etc hehe
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Scissors » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Similar issue as the PE Icicle figure, isn't it? Time to break out the modelling putty for a nose job!
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Action figure rhinoplasties . . . FROM MATTEL! :matty:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 am

I've got a DCUC16 review ready to go... :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Scissors » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 am

I see the reviews are up! Sorry about your Robin, but I can see his frikkin' huge biceps too in the pics.

So back to my original question: Did you do a size comparison for Riddler? Is that guy way too big? I keep putting up against Bats or Supes and he always seems bigger and taller.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:40 am

Dude, I totally forgot about the size comparison. Sorry. I've got the pics for Bane done and I hauled out a lot of the other figures in the wave to do a big "Usual Suspects" shot. I didn't really pay much attention during the shoot, but while I was watermarking the pics I noticed that a lot of the figures in wave sixteen are taller... it's almost DCDish of them... pics will be up in the morning... which is in just a few hours... ugh. :oops:

Also of note, my damn Riddler fell forward during the shoot and got a chip on his nose - the head is molded in black!!! Duh!! So I've got gummy weapons Hex, broken Robin, broken Mercury, paint chipped Riddler, and the disappointment that is the creeper. I was hoping for this wave to be a happy thing to tide me over through the next two waves but it's just been a big mess.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Scissors » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Ouch. Fortunately paint chips are relatively easy to fix, compared to, say, a damned broken ankle. You should give the ankle a try with a screw-fix.

But there you go, that Riddler IS bigger and taller. Glad to know it wasn't my meds or something.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum