Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I can toss Riddler in a lineup, sure. He belongs there anyway. :lol:

BBTS had a Tuesday (25th) estimate, but best laid plans and all. They still say January so hopefully IAT will have some DCUC16 by next week or so. Gives me time to do the Guards though.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

Just think of this Riddler as when he had injected himself w/Venom.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 am

:lol: It's Legends of the Dark Knight all over again...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Toygiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:54 am

I found the entire wave at Target today including both versions of Robin. First time I've found an untouched wave of DCUC figs since like Series 3 (and first new figs I've seen since Validus wave in October). I didn't buy a single one. Not that they weren't good looking or there were some kind of flaw with them. They just didn't appeal to me. I think I may be done with DCUC. :oops: :?:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby TSR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 am

Regardless, it's cool to hear about this wave being out at US retail.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Doh. I think all my DCUC16 reviews are going to be after everybody has 'em. [domo]

And stopping DCUC!? Blasphemy!

Though I hope to be "rewarded" for sticking through the Green Lantern avalanche. I want my Metal Men finished, dammit! :matty:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Ebonhorn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:And stopping DCUC!? Blasphemy!

It happens, already happened to me two months ago. Got wave 14 and felt nothing. I was done without any mental fighting with myself.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Toygiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:
NoisyDvL5 wrote:And stopping DCUC!? Blasphemy!

It happens, already happened to me two months ago. Got wave 14 and felt nothing. I was done without any mental fighting with myself.

I'm right there with ya Eb. I do want the Super Powers Robin and Mercury (the Metal Men were in the 2nd comic I ever bought) but at $15 a crack, I just couldn't justify any of it. I was there looking for new Transformers which are only $11.99 and 5 times the toy. With toy fair right around the corner, all the awesomeness the 4 Horsemen have announced, all the 3rd party Transformers announced, and the fact that I'm no where near being rich, I'm sort of budgeting for my toys for the year and DCUC is most definatly first on the chopping block. If I had picked up all 8 figures that would have been $135 at one drop for 2 figures I want, 6 I could care less about, and build a figure that looked hardly bigger than any of the others. Plus I'm sure with all the online communities I'm a part of I can get the 2 figures I want for around $20 or in a trade.

The thrill of the hunt was definatly there for me yesterday. But it was more a catch and release type situation. :sectaur:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Toygiant wrote:Transformers

They were definitely part of my decision.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

I keed I keed, I hear you guys. DC is as first love for me.

I agree that TFormers are great toys at a better price, but I balk much more easily standing in front of their 4ft of the toy section. I have a fair sized TF want list, but when I'm at the store looking at the price tag, I just don't want to pull the trigger.

With DC, I don't have that qualm. I happily forked over the $100+ when I found 14. I will admit that GLC2 and DCUC17 are testing my limits but I'm excited about the Anti-Monitor and Stel at least. I'm geared up for DCUC16 and will probably get a kick out of DCUC18 of the information on it pans out.

I know it's not rational, but I'd probably cancel my MOTU sub before stopping my DCUC collection. [domo]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum