Waves 18 19 20 Rumors

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Waves 18 19 20 Rummors

Postby kingflame81 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:56 am

Hate to agree, but yeah I don't see much want by the majority of dcuc buyers on the civilain figs.
Here's a propossed Superman Classics wave they could make:

Propossed Superman Wave:

C&C Doomsday or big fig like Mongul
Toyman(Super-Friends ver)
Brainiac(SP Ver)/Milton Fine Variant
Metallo(SA version w/ removable kyprtonite rocks in chest cavity)
New Parasite
Jimmy Olsen(Turtle Boy or Elastic Lad)
Titaino C&C
Conduit?
Atomic Skull

Thoughts?
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:23 pm

The theme waves themselves sound right, but with Cornboy poking holes in the list it sounds like someone filled in some of the names on their own.

twofisted wrote:If any of these selections are true...the question is, which version of Metallo are we gunna see? The silver age John Corben? the Roger Corben version or the John Byrne/Man of Steel version?

I'd expect the orange/green metal suit from the bronze age. Think "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow".

Lay Ze-Man wrote:That said, I think they need more civilian characters in the mix.

kingflame81 wrote:Hate to agree, but yeah I don't see much want by the majority of dcuc buyers on the civilain figs.

That's where MattyCollector should come into play. Properly advertised, there's no reason that figures like Gordon, Alfred, Lois, etc couldn't sell at least MOTU Classics numbers.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Maybe, but like I said who'd want those figures other than Diehard collectors? The main appeal of these waves are the superheroes/supervillains in their respective costumes. It's only what I'd buy, with the exception of The Question.

I'm just still perplexed and jonesing hard for characters that haven't been made yet, but shoul d have such as:

Dr. Destiny
Dr. Polaris
Dr. Light
Hawk and Dove( could be a 2-pack with both Don Hall and Dawn Granger Dove variant figs)
Chronos
Aqualad and Speedy (to finish off the Teen Titans)
The Flash's Rogues: Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang(SA/Mod variant) Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Reverse Flash w/ Zoom II variant, The Trickster, and maybe The Top or Pied Piper
Evil Star
Elongated Man
C&C Elasti-Girl and Mento finish off Doom Patrol, and maybe The Chief(think Mar Legends Prof. X)
DCUC needs to take notice of these requests.
Sure the waves are nice, but in the long run, it'd be nice to go back to a little of everybody/mixed bag when it comes to pumping out new figures
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby TSR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 am

Just on space alone, 2011 might be the end of my DCUC buying.
I never even bothered to be a completist and I just did a self redo where I took off a dozen or so figures that were just minor variations of other character (why do I need Barda with her helmet off, really?)

But there's probably not enough room for these potential waves anyways.

The only three I can see myself buying past 2011 are Huntress, Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:18 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:That's where MattyCollector should come into play. Properly advertised, there's no reason that figures like Gordon, Alfred, Lois, etc couldn't sell at least MOTU Classics numbers.

Yeah, Mattycollector or SDCC Exclusives (like a Supes-Clark or Bats-Wayne 2-pack) or whatever would do absolutely fine.

They'd sell out just like any other exclusive.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 pm

TSR wrote:Just on space alone, 2011 might be the end of my DCUC buying.

This year does seem pretty lackluster. I was talking to Vault about the other day and recounting the waves for this year and it was really disappointing.

I'm a big all-corners proponent for DC Classics, but I'm feeling tested by the rumors. I mean, I know the individual names are debunked - but the themes are all but certain at this point (based on TG comments & Nekron winning the poll). So...

Blackest Night/17
Super Friends/18
Justice Society/19
Green Lantern/20

If you're waiting on Elongated Man, Huntress, Zauriel, Uncle Sam, Psycho Pirate, Flash Rogues, etc - feels like we'll be waiting until 2012.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Again, DC has truly created a major disconnect with what true fans/consumers want, and what they think we want.
Why create a wave that's already been covered by DC Direct(Blackest Night), when there's so many other figures that are litteraly screaming to be made! Was there really that much demand, GL Movie aside, for BL part deux?
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Ebonhorn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 pm

All I would have wanted from Mattel is Black Hand and Black Lantern Firestorm or deathstorm as he is now called, but I didn't get deathstorm which have been super easy to make.

I mean seriously the one black lantern that people thought actually looked cool and you don't make him.....
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby kingflame81 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see "Deathstorm"too! He's okay, but the powers that be have decided that an easy, and cost-effective figure they could pull off little $, can't be done, but new versions of the same characters(Hal, Lex)they can make? BS people! If they must insist on making the BL line for dcuc, then at least pump out original characters like Larfleeze, Atrocious, A Guardian, Scar? and Saint Walker?
I only mention for that fact that he'll apparently join the JLA later this year.

What of other BL's like; Earth-2 SP, Aquaman, The Question, Deadman, Black Arrow, etc.?
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby TSR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 am

Tekwych wrote:Here are the rumored line-ups for DCUC waves 18, 19, and 20, courtesy of RTM’s Toy Buzz

El Dorado
Toyman
Black Vulcan
Bizarro
Manhunter
Metallo

Apache Chief - C&C

List posted up at a Canadian etailer, Legends Action Figures has confirmed this wave as:

Samuari
Blk Vulcan
El Dorado
Toyman
Capt. Boomerang (Modern)
Bronze Tiger

C&C Apache Chief

Legends was then later asked to take the list down off their site
TSR
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext