Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Azbat
Riddler
Mercury
Creeper
Jonah Hex
Robin
Robin variant.
Bane C&C

On Bane...

How tall do you want him?

All the way up to Lobo/Despero size?

Mongul size?

Ridiculously huge?

On the Robin variant...

Do you want it even though it's one of the few figures to depict the same character in a different artist's style? I'm kinda leaning towards utilizing it as a Jason Todd version of Robin.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

Postby Mose » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Looking forward to this wave!

Bane will end up bigger than the Mongul figure. If he is than it doesn’t bother me, though I believe they could have gotten a fairly good Bane if they used some of Entrigan’s parts.

Isn’t it just one robin with both heads included?
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby He-Mullet » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Looking forward for this wave...
On Robin's Variant: He'll be Jason Todd. I got a spare crowbar in scale... As soon as I get a Joker and that Robin... y'all can guess where I'm going with this.

I'm not that big DC fan and I WANT this wave... Bane will be breaking one of my Whopping 2 Batmen's backs.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby Toygiant » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I really like the Bane the Horsemen did for the old Batman line (and I scored the variant w/Osito at my local Wally's back then to boot), so I'm not even sure I'll be keeping this Bane. I personally think that the DCUC Despero and Lobo are too big. And this will be the first DCUC wave in a long time where there is only one figure I don't care about (Jonah Hex). I usually pass on 3 to 4 from each wave, so I'm pretty stoked on this assortment. But ultimately, I'll make my decision on Bane once he's in hand. The older one does leave a lot to be desired in the posability arena.
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby Scissors » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 am

Heheh. Maybe you can give me your Jonah Hex if you get the whole set. [grin] While I like the selection of characters in this wave, I think guys like the Creeper and the Riddler shouldn't be quite as buff - I'd rather see them go with the Deadman buck. Same goes for Robin, though obviously the Deadman buck won't work for him. And of course, Bane; I don't need a giant Bane - he's just a juiced up guy, dammit! He shouldn't be over 7 feet tall at the max.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:26 am

My liking Bane will be totally size dependent.

I love the lineup though, so it's moot though.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 am

HATE that they had to shoehorn in that Jonah Hex figure. Perhaps it was to somehow tie into that travesty of a movie that came and went? hehe Would have rather seen ANY character than Jonah Hex
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:46 am

Some of us really like Jonah Hex and are excited we are getting him. I doubt the movie played any part in his being placed in the wave.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 pm

twofisted wrote:HATE that they had to shoehorn in that Jonah Hex figure. Perhaps it was to somehow tie into that travesty of a movie that came and went? hehe Would have rather seen ANY character than Jonah Hex

I think it'll come out a bit too late to really be considered a tie-in for the movie. Characters like Jonah Hex & Sgt. Rock are problematic because I really want them - they're important parts of the DCU to me, but man, where do you put 'em? I think he's going to make for one kickass hyper-articulated cowboy figure (something only Xevoz has served up to date - toy companes are stupid), but he will be out of place with the spandex gang. If we get could get Vigilante (he sorta fits) and a few more like Batlash, Cinnamon, El Diablo, or Scalphunter - we could get a decent shelf going.

But, even if he's the only one, I'm glad they made him.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm looking forward to the Jonah Hex figure but I do feel like his timing in DCUC is suspect.
I would not be surprised if they made him when they did in hopes of getting some DVD release recognition (but hey, how would the know how the movie would turn out when they made him) ;)
TSR
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum