G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary: 2011-?

A Forum for all your favorite Hasbro toy lines: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Jem & the Holograms, & Much More...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary: 2011-?

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Kick ass!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 pm

The Hero Project has just over 3 days to go and has only a third of its funding. This is the guys that designed the GI Joe Sigma Six design for Hasbro so they do know what they're doing and how to do it. I think this project needs to happen and have upped my own pledge but so much more is needed. Please show some support for this project by placing a pledge of your own. Even just $5.00 shows that there is another person who believes that this is something worth while.Posting a message to the team expelling what you like, and what you would change, can mean a lot to them at this point. Please remember that you will not be charged anything if full funding is not reached by the deadline. the record of those pledges though will help the team to alter there plan and focus on new goals more in line with the feedback this attempt gives them.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gog ... d-cultural

While your at Kickstarter take a look at Shadowrun Online, a single player, co-op, PvP, MMO from a team with two successful online game systems under their belts. this project will connect and be a part of the same expansive universe that the pen and paper RPG and single player video game already take place in.

What is the Shadowrun Universe. Shadowrun is set in 2070, a dystopian near-future, a world where cybernetics, biotech, cyberpunk, and metahumanity meet magic, and mega corporations have become independent states, Shadowrun allows you to experience a truly unique mix of gritty cyberpunk style known from Bladerunner and the magical creatures and races of settings such as Lord of the Rings. The Awakening has brought forth ancient races from Orks, Dwarves, Trolls, and Elves to mythical animals and even powerful, intelligent dragons, who use their hoarded treasures to purchase and run global megacorporations.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196 ... run-online

Timeline of the Shadowrun Universe:
http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resource ... -timeline/

Give the game a look and if you like what you see give the project a pledge.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby zedhatch » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Late to the game but finally got this set, want to know what I think, click on the link to find out, enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/dred/dred.html
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby zedhatch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 am

Not near as flattering as the Dreadnok review, but here is the BBTS exclusive Slaugher's Mauraders set.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/maura ... aders.html
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 am

Anyone else stoked for the forthcoming Tomahawk chopper (or whatever they're calling it now)?

Just need the 1980s Night Raven to get a re-release, and I'll be a happy guy.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Fri May 31, 2013 9:30 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Just need the 1980s Night Raven to get a re-release, and I'll be a happy guy.

Not sure it'll ever happen, but it really should. I was so disappointed with that dinky little Raven they did for Rise of Cobra. That's my worry, though, that the original Raven is too big for modern toy audiences.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 am

I hope that's not the case, James. Star Wars has done at least one huge vehicle each year (give or take). Marvel got that Heli-Carrier. TransFormers is getting Metroplex. I'm not holding out hope for a USS Flagg, but a classic Night Raven should be within reach.

I'd cross my fingers, if I could, but my integumentary system won't let me.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:57 pm

I still have my original out in the garage. I need to get it cleaned up and back out on display. Great toy!

I am really looking forward to that Tomahawk reissue though. That's one of my favorite Joe vehicles!
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Word has it that G.I. Joe as a brand is pretty much finished, and they never got around to reissuing the Night Raven, STUN, Thunder Machine, or Terror Drome, damn it.

But, looking at this year's convention exclusive, they've jumped on the undead bandwagon and made a zombie-themed convention multipack.

I know they had Toxo-Zombies in the vintage line, but I am SO freakin' sick of zombies. They're like the Bumblebees of horror.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:39 am

Ya know those Vitruvian Hacks figures? I reckon two Green Mamba Gorgons, a Stone Fist Gorgon Hunter, and a Green Male Blank would blend well into a decent Golobulus. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Hubtalk - Hasbro Toys