Transformers Prime

A Forum for all your favorite Hasbro toy lines: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Jem & the Holograms, & Much More...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Transformers Prime

Postby Mose » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

nanite wrote:The preview wave of Prime figures appears to be limited:

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/9637/

Fandom crapstorm ensues.

Unless Hasbro comes out and says this themselves then I call BS on BBTS. If this were really the case then they would have stated this already not that long after they were first shown, like last year’s SDCC when they announced that the G1 reissue Piranhacon set was a BBTS exclusive or when they stated that Animated Arcee, Ironhide and Rodimus were TRU exclusives. This is also incredibly stupid from a business standpoint as it prevents the first edition figures from getting out into the mass market. Not to mention that most kids and parents would most likely never heard of BBTS.

Besides, an insider from the site I get my links from posted a response claiming it to be false:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ne-20.html
(First post on the page)

Not to mention that they’re out in both China and Malaysia (in great numbers).
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Transformers Prime First Edition Hitting Canadian Retail

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36222

And Transformers Prime figures have just started hitting canadian TRUs. Chances are it won't be too long before they start hitting US TRUs.

Eat that BBTS and your scare tactics.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 am

It's been a confusing week for Prime toys. :?:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby nanite » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Due to general brokeness, and being blasé on the show, I'm skipping all of the Prime toys.

If I wasn't, I'd be kinda anxious about getting them.

Although they are available at all the usual online suspects, so it's not that big a deal, unless you hate buying online (and some people really hate buying online, I guess).
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Mose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Wave 1 sighted at US Retail

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... il-173773/

The first wave of Deluxes in the First Edition line-up have been sighted at a Toys R Us in Fort Worth, Texas. There are hints that they may show up on the TRU website as well.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:15 pm

TFW Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Gallery

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ry-173782/

Transformers Prime Cliffjumper gallery.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:15 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:It's been a confusing week for Prime toys. :?:

Honestly, I believe it was a scare tactic in order in order to get people to order from BBTS because, if memory serves, no other online retailer stated they would be a specialty market exclusive with limited distribution.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm

nanite wrote:Although they are available at all the usual online suspects, so it's not that big a deal, unless you hate buying online (and some people really hate buying online, I guess).

I’m not fond of buying online as they then to charge ridiculously shipping prices internationally. Hasbo toy shop, for example, charges an additional fee of $25 dollars to ship to Canada
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Mose, this might be covered, but I'm going to be lazy and just ask. [smile]

There's two Cliffjumpers - and there's this weird TRU/Online release and then a later bigger release. Is that going to end up making one CJ artificially rare? I want the one with guns and I'm not sure if I need to pay attention now or later.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:59 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Mose, this might be covered, but I'm going to be lazy and just ask. [smile]

There's two Cliffjumpers - and there's this weird TRU/Online release and then a later bigger release. Is that going to end up making one CJ artificially rare? I want the one with guns and I'm not sure if I need to pay attention now or later.

I don’t believe I covered it.

There are four Cliffjumpers that will be released under the Prime line that I know of: First Edition Cliffjumper (with flip out cannons), FE Terrorcon Cliffjumper (Zombie Cliff, same mold as FE Cliffjumper with new head), the Cliffjumper coming out later (new version with the hammer/mace) and the Cyberverse Cliffjumper (legion class).

First Edition Cliffjumper (with flip out cannons) will be released in both waves 1.5 and 2 (2 per case in wave 1.5, more in wave 2). I don't believe he will be rare, but I could be wrong.

Hope I helped.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Hubtalk - Hasbro Toys