GI Joe: Retaliation Toys

A Forum for all your favorite Hasbro toy lines: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Jem & the Holograms, & Much More...

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: GI Joe: Retaliation Toys

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri May 25, 2012 10:58 am

:lol:

Though in that scenario, I'd prefer to have way better figures than the Retaliation ones.

Just sayin' . . . :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Tekwych » Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Hasbro's statement this morning:
“G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers.  There is a limited amount of G.I. Joe Retaliation product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film’s release.”

And Poe's response as well
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I've been mulling this all over and haven't said much because it's one of those times where I probably have an unpopular opinion.

I really want to see the film and none of this changes that. If they pulled it to try and make it better, that's fine. I wish 'em luck. If they want to use the cover story that it's about the 3D while they try to improve the film, that's fine too.

I'm disappointed that I have to wait nine months to see the film. I enjoy 3D and 2D so that doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'm concerned about the short-term brand health, but the only toy-buying aspect that bothers me is if I have to wait that much longer to get back to cool Joes after the movie Joes are through.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby zedhatch » Fri May 25, 2012 11:34 pm

So I guess Hasbro's statement moves the line back to march minus what already go out.

To be honest I am kind of ok with that as I was only luke warm to the line as it was and really was only going to get a few figs due to the prices and interest in other lines, this move might get me to buy more I was on the fence about (as march generally has fewer releases toywise and really the movies next year feel sort of covered anyway).

Still the whole thing is kind of surprizeing.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 pm

I myself am pretty worried about a Joe free summer now as far as toys go.
The movie looked good and I dotn mind waiting for it but what am I (As a mainly MOTUC collector) supposed to buy at retail now? Star Wars? The new Tmnt toys? Marvel Legends? I really hope Hasbro magics up some new Joe stuff to fill the gap.
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby Ideal » Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

DrRampageo wrote:I myself am pretty worried about a Joe free summer now as far as toys go.
The movie looked good and I dotn mind waiting for it but what am I (As a mainly MOTUC collector) supposed to buy at retail now? Star Wars? The new Tmnt toys? Marvel Legends? I really hope Hasbro magics up some new Joe stuff to fill the gap.

honestly, GI Joe was probably going to get lost in the sea of Batman and Spider-Man toys this summer anyway
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DrRampageo » Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Yet both of those lines (and movies) look terrible
well TDKR doesnt look terrible just meh

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby zedhatch » Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Ideal wrote:
DrRampageo wrote:I myself am pretty worried about a Joe free summer now as far as toys go.

honestly, GI Joe was probably going to get lost in the sea of Batman and Spider-Man toys this summer anyway

I have to agree, although ironicly this ends up being abit decolite for me as I picked up Bane (wow, crap) and only plan on picking up movie spidey and maybe lizard when I see them. Avengers is mostly a wash for me (why pick up chracters that I have better versions of) so really all the summer movies toys I have to look forward to are MIB for J and K. even that aint much, really I'm in limbo until the MU's finally (FINALLY) hit.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:53 am

3 words: Beta Ray Bill!

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby DrRampageo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 am

Got a review up of the Retaliation Ninja Commando 4x4
http://doomkick.com/gi-joe-retaliation- ... x4-review/

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Hubtalk - Hasbro Toys