Akaranger Figuart coming in September

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Akaranger Figuart coming in September

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Sat May 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Finally the first sentai team gets some love in figuart form. Saw the scan of add at Firestarter's blog.

http://firestarterstoys.blogspot.com/20 ... anger.html

Now I know I need to get a Kamen Rider 1. Money saving begin and wonder if the rest of the Goranger team will get made.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Akaranger Figuart coming in September

Postby JamesLynch » Sat May 24, 2014 8:41 pm

It's about time. The prototype for this figure (and one for Baseball Mask) has been floating around the convention displays for a couple years now.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Mon May 26, 2014 7:33 am

Agreed and hope Baseball Mask gets done down the road. Need more villians and cannon fodder. Think the riders have 3 troop builder figs right? Shocker Combatman, a Rio Trooper and one other (may be off on that second one)
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 26, 2014 11:54 am

They also made a bunch of versions of the ZECTroopers. Not really villains, but certainly usable as cannon fodder. To be honest, I'm not as up on my Kamen Rider as I am Sentai. There are a few KR series I really love, and some designs I really dig, I just don't follow it as religiously as I do Sentai.

For Sentai, they've made a few villains (Juzo Fuwa from Shinkenger, and Warz Gill and Basco from Goakiger. Basco also came with a Sally figurine). There's also the Corporate Drone figure from Akibaranger for cannon fodder, though since that series is unofficial, I don't know if the drones really count. It would look kind of funny to have most of the normal Sentai teams facing off against guys in business suits.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Just think.Saban exec zombies as one way to see that. Though thanks to that fight in the ghost ship special of Gokaiger a bunch of minions mixed together would be a nice scene to see in plastic. So many to pick too.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:11 am

Just heard this from Bluefin.Tamashii Nation USA FB page. Akaranger to get US Release in October for $44.99.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 am

And my order is in. Now the waiting as now doesn't ship out till november
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Speaking of retro Ranger Figuarts, Vul Eagle of Sun Vulcan was confirmed a little while back. The future of the Sentai Figuarts might not be the healthiest, but it's got some life in it yet.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 am

From a toy show and event big news for Sentai fans the rest of Goranger and Sun Vulcan are coming. No us release date though (yet?) Picture proof.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5CxQEJwkqLA/V ... isplay.jpg
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:25 pm

I sincerely hope Bandai follows through on this. There are still some unfinished teams where the prototypes were shown off, but only a partial team has been released (Jetman, Boukenger, even Dekaranger).
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion