Figuarts

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Figuarts

Postby Tekwych » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 am

So if Vault wants a new way to describe the articulation in a figure:
http://youtu.be/2Yt3pqe2b0k
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Re: Figuarts

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Impressive. Most impressive.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Sat May 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Sorry for bumping but, have a Figuart question.

Been watching alot of Kamen Rider and Sentai shows and wonder on a good starter into figuarts. Thinking of Fourze Base States most recent to watch. Kyoryuger Red or Ryu Ranger for a sentai one.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Sat May 03, 2014 9:08 pm

I don't have a ton of the Kamen Rider Figuarts, but I'd say most all are pretty good. The only ones I've heard any complaints about are the Wizard figures, and that's mostly because of "bad" proportions. I started with the very first figure in the line, Kamen Rider The First, though I'm aware that things have progressed since then. The new Kabuto (sometimes called Kabuto 2.0) is supposed to be amazing, but I'm not sure if it's enough of a step up for me to consider replacing my original Kabuto,

For Sentai, quality wise, the best figures are Hurricane Red, Ryu Ranger, and Akiba Red. However, few of the figures can actually be classified as "bad." Even so-called bad figures like the Boukengers or Go Busters are only "bad" in that they're not quite as well engineered as the rest of the line. They lack the lateral shoulder movement, the bicep cuts are not as well integrated into the form, the elbows and knees are unpainted, so they don't follow the pattern of the costume, and some of the body parts are a little more squared-off than they should be. Compared to most any other figure line, they're still amazing figures.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion