KEEP! OR SELL?

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: KEEP! OR SELL?

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Definitely did not miss out on MP Grimlock!!! =)

The I think the only reason I would want Energon Grimlock would be to add it to the shrine.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I guess thus begs the question, does one slavishly buy a toy simply because it's a certain character --- or to pick and choose.

I've been fairly selective with my Soundwaves, actually. I've passed on the vinyl figures, the Kre-Os, and suchlike. Sometimes, they're too hard or expensive to track down (like Movieverse Soundwave in G1 colours or the SoundBlaster repaint of same), and I move on with my life. Maybe they'll be easier to get later on, I dunno. MOTUC is taking up most of my collecting budget these days . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:MOTUC is taking up most of my collecting budget these days . . . .

THIS.

I never got any of the Mighty Muggs and thankfully the Kreons don't really appeal to me. I never picked up any of the movieverse Soundwaves or the Prime:RID. If he shows up at Five Bel°w I might, but I wasn't about to pay $15 for that guy. I did want to pick up a ROTF Ravage at one point but never found one at the right price.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Bigbot84 wrote:Whenever I see people posting about Grimlock, I always wonder if they missed out on the Masterpiece version. Each Grimlock I've seen released by Hasbro seems to be a poor attempt at mimicking the Masterpiece Grimlock.

Energon Grimlock predates the Masterpiece by several years. MP Grimlock is one of my all time favorite action figures. Not just Transformers, but action figures.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm trying to make way for Castle Grayskull by selling stuff off for some extra cash (should have started this a year ago, but I guess I didn't really feel the pressure until recently) and to de-clutter.

So I got another one --- Transformers Classics Nemesis Prime. I ordered him from HTS years ago when he was available and has been a pretty nifty item in my collection. I had considered selling him a couple years back and he has since been boxed up. I decided to free him from his prison and sorta fell in love with him again. I like the mold (also have Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus) but I'm not in love with it. I'm also not really a huge Nem Prime fan, i.e. I don't collect every single offering of Nem Prime. I wouldn't consider him an essential part of my collection, I really only have fondness for TFs who actually appeared in the cartoon, but nonetheless he's a cool character and a nice toy.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 pm

is it the one w/ the trailer, or sans?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Sans trailer.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 pm

This one I'd waffle on. I like the Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy/Scourge concept, but Hasbro/Takara have taken it to far by adding a black Prime repaint to almost every line. If it were me, I'd keep it. This was a pretty good mold, but, if you already have it in other colors an no real affinity for the character, it sounds like you don't need him taking up real estate in your collection.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion