NECA catch-all thread

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

NECA catch-all thread

Postby dayraven » Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 pm

just noticing we seem to lack a general thread for the NECA stuff not populous enough to warrant it's own thread, and so...

looking extremely forward to the pacific rim figs now that we've seen those in package, knifehead looks sweet ass sweet. hoping they get to make at least one more series from the film...

rambo huh? that first one sold well, and that's great, i was waiting for the version in the tarp from first blood, and he's on his way. makes my heart lisp.

man, this last release from predators has me jonesing for some dutch madness, but i'm holding out for mud-covered dutch. sorry, that's just how i roll. he'll look great next to john rambo, but then, i'm going to have to solicit NECA for a john mcclaine w/ bloody feet, and then i'm really torn on my martin riggs... there's a part of me that thinks the only riggs i would buy would be the soaking wet, tonfa equipped, throwdown w/ gary busey riggs... but dammit, i want a riggs who also comes w/ the rotty and a box of dog biscuits from the 3rd movie... so torn. and really, if i can't figure out which one to solicit, how can i expect other fans to get their asses on board? but honestly, think about this... IF you were getting one more human character from the pred franchise, the only one you'd want would be lt harrigan, covered in dust probably, carrying a pred arm and a trophy pistol. but that means, NECA would already have a buck on hand for a murtaugh! that would be super fresh. certainly more fresh than a leo getz.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: NECA catch-all thread

Postby JamesLynch » Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am

My problem with the Dutch figures is deciding which one I want. There's at least 4 that I've seen images of, and none of them scream "This is the one for you!" to me. Given my toy budget currently, and the fact that they're so similar to one another, I can't make up my mind.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 pm

JamesLynch wrote:My problem with the Dutch figures is deciding which one I want. There's at least 4 that I've seen images of, and none of them scream "This is the one for you!" to me. Given my toy budget currently, and the fact that they're so similar to one another, I can't make up my mind.

i've only seen three, the two that are out and then the mud-covered... any pics of that 4th one? like i said, choice was easy for me, because i love when he gets down and dirty and is back to primal weapons... but i can see how it might be hard for others. you could always try "eeny, meeny, miney, IT'Z NAUGHT A TUMAH!"
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 am

dayraven wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:My problem with the Dutch figures is deciding which one I want. There's at least 4 that I've seen images of, and none of them scream "This is the one for you!" to me. Given my toy budget currently, and the fact that they're so similar to one another, I can't make up my mind.

i've only seen three, the two that are out and then the mud-covered... any pics of that 4th one? like i said, choice was easy for me, because i love when he gets down and dirty and is back to primal weapons... but i can see how it might be hard for others. you could always try "eeny, meeny, miney, IT'Z NAUGHT A TUMAH!"

There's Jungle Extraction Dutch (full jacket), Jungle Patrol Dutch (closed vest), which are already out, and Jungle Encounter Dutch (open, removable vest), and Jungle Disguise Dutch (mud covered), which I believe are supposed to be in the next wave. He basically gets progressively nakeder with each subsequent figure.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 am

JamesLynch wrote:progressively nakeder

Great band name. :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:progressively nakeder

Great band name. :cool:

fusion jazz band?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Prog Rock
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 pm

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/06/neca-opens ... ds-program

anyone check out the new NECA site yet? on my way now to give it a lookie loo
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm

I have enough stuff to do a NECA week. I should get on that. [sweat]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

hell yes you should! my TRU is devoid of NECA stuff, it makes me want to cry. i HAVE to order off the internet, unless i want the mass effect guys or a smoker zombie.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion