Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:32 am

I was really surprised how bad the Wolverine figures are. They even make Mattel's 3.75" DKR Batman figures look decent. Honestly they looked bootleg quality, something you'd find in a dollar store.

@James: So the feet on the Turtles is a deal killer for you? I guess it never bothered me about them.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:51 am

The feet were almost a deal killer. I can deal with how they did them in the show, since they're at least still symmetrical, but the way they did them for the figures is just ugly, and doesn't fit with the aesthetics of the rest of the figures, to say nothing of fitting with how the Turtles have been portrayed for almost 30 years.

As I said, if they re-released them with corrected (as in, show-accurate) feet, I'd rebuy all four of them. Thus, the feet weren't quite a deal killer, but I'd greatly prefer a correction. Every version of the Turtles they've released since has had show-accurate feet, it's just the basic Turtles that got messed up.

Of course, this could have all been avoided if some genius at Nick hadn't decided to alter the appearances of the Turtles after nearly three decades.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 am

Well at least they're still mutants, not aliens. And at least they're Turtles still, not aardvarks or lizards or something...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I was really surprised how bad the Wolverine figures are. They even make Mattel's 3.75" DKR Batman figures look decent. Honestly they looked bootleg quality, something you'd find in a dollar store.

Turtle thread, I know, but yes! The Red Ninja in particular when placed alongside the original Joe he came from. Ugh.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Saw the mousers today and have to say that is a nice set. I was christmas shopping though so had to pass for now. I think what 21 mousers would be good. Thinking using as toys for Toyman since haven't got any turtles yet.

They are just that nice looking that you want to troop build.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Got one 7pack the other day. Man these guys are fun to do tormenting displays. Orko getting munched was latest.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

I picked up a pack, but my apartment is pretty tight on space, so I don't have a TMNT display set up right now. I'd like to fix that at some point, I just have no idea where I could possibly find the room.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

They are a blast! I saw a pic on Twitter the other day some dude must have picked up at least half a dozen sets.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Snowglare » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:48 am

JamesLynch wrote:I picked up a pack, but my apartment is pretty tight on space, so I don't have a TMNT display set up right now. I'd like to fix that at some point, I just have no idea where I could possibly find the room.

That's where the M.O.U.S.E.R.S.™ come in. Once they burrow through to the surrounding apartments and subjugate/devour all inhabitants, you'll have all the space you need!
Snowglare
Chief
Chief

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:47 am

Am I completely crazy, but I have decided to mark each new set of MOUSERS I get. Its like each package is it's own platoon or tribe. The first will be un-marked. The second the right foot, third left foot, and if I get a fourth both feet.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion