Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I picked up a repair kit last night. Applied some of the vinyl adhesive. I put a few layers on, giving it 24 hours to dry so I'll see tonight. It looks like the leak came from where the peg that keeps the blimp locked into the carrier.

The balloon idea sounds good too. I may want to reinforce these so it doesn't happen again!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Tanglevine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Is anyone seeing the 6 inch classic turtles at retail? I haven't seen them anywhere.
Tanglevine

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 pm

not since they first started appearing at LCS and when TRU started carrying TMNT... prob won't see them again until summer.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 am

Classics 6" Bebop & Rocksteady are up on BBTS for any Americans who want them.

I'd better have a way to get a Leatherhead, if they make one, or there'll be trouble . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Got a couple reviews up over at Doomkick!!!

Leatherhead
http://doomkick.com/tmnt-leatherhead-review/

Snakeweed
http://doomkick.com/tmnt-snakeweed-review/
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Got my Leatherhead in the mail a couple of days ago. Great character. Disappointing figure.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 pm

He's grown on me a bit since having him. Honestly I don't really know how to feel about this line. Its great to have the Turtles back, and the Turtles themselves are great --- but the rest of the characters are lacking. I guess we can blame it on the current trend in the industry to cut articulation and paint apps. I saw the new Wolverine figures the other day and they look terrible!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm

I couldn't believe how bad those Wolverine figures were. The figure line from the last film didn't sell all that great (well, parts of it seemed to do okay, but the fact that the line was 85% Wolverine variants meant there were always plenty of that character on the shelf, while things like Astonishing Cyclops and Iceman disappeared as fast as they could be stocked), so somebody decided that the only thing missing from the equation was a lack of articulation and paint. Don't change the scale, don't improve the character selection or paint apps, just redo the same figures but with less articulation and paint.

As for the TMNT, I've said it before, and I'll say it again; redo the four Turtles with proper feet, and you'll get me to rebuy the entire group. Those are great figures from the ankles up, but the feet are so ugly, I didn't bring them with me to my new apartment (they're in storage at my folks' place).

Other than that, I won't be buying any more figures from this line unless the quality and scale improve. Shredder's a good inch too small, Leatherhead's about a third the size he should be, and there's no excuse for having a figure of a ninja that can't bend its arms or legs.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Now I'm just waiting for the 6" scale Classics Leatherhead, so Bandai America can refuse me the right to buy one.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:16 pm

If they make a classics Leatherhead, it'll probably be 5" tall with 4 points of articulation.

Also, I'm pretty sure Bandai America would love to prevent you and everyone from buying any further TMNT toys, given that Playmates is the current licence holder.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion