Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 am

TMNT

A couple preview night pics of the booth and the SDCC Exclusive Nightshadow Leonardo: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... iew-Night/

A full NightShadow Leo gallery from ToyArk: http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-co ... lery-6132/

Booth Display (via Scary-Crayon) - http://www.scary-crayon.com/sdcc2012-tmnt-figures/
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

We didn't have a Turtles thread proper, so I moved this thread out of the SDCC stuff (I need to figure out what to do with that forum) and over to here.

The Nick Turtles seem to be winning out over the Classics Turtles in the hearts of many fans, but I haven't heard much about the series 2 offerings. There are some crazies in there.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:30 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:so I moved this thread out of the SDCC stuff (I need to figure out what to do with that forum)

Change to Show speak and group it with Wonderfest, Toyfair, SW, GI Joe, TF and all the other shows that get some level of coverage all year round.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Its kind of a landslide... Nick TMNT superior, Classics TMNT inferior. Nuff said.

I'm not sure what it is about the Classics --- but they're just falling short of expectations. I think the biggest issue is the OVER-articulation which hurts the sculpts, that and people report they keep falling over. Even the stands don't make a difference. Either that or the NICK TMNT are just THAT good (which I might agree is sort of 50/50).
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

I still like my Classics one better (but mine aren't falling over... [wtf] ).

The Nick TMNT are good though. And the potential for that line is much better too I think.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Snowglare » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am

Most of that potential is being squandered. While the Turtles, vehicles and massive playset are cool (and generally pretty cheap), the non-turtle and oversized figures are terrible. Unless they suddenly add articulation with Wave 2, the line has already peaked. If we get more Classics, they could cut the articulation in half and still have more points. I see more potential there, although I'm doubtful we'll get a second Wave.

The Classics are awesome. There's so much more you can do with them, and as a huge fan of the original cartoon, I think there's no comparison visually. They're fun to look at and fun to play with. Simply great toys.
Snowglare
Chief
Chief

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 am

The upcoming non-Turtles in the TMNT line look cool, but you're right in that they'll likely be underarticulated. I'm curious to see how they go over as many of them are new characters.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 am

I've always been a big fan of Krang, so I had to get the new one (Kraaaaaaaaang, or however many A's they needed this go'round) and yeah, he's underarticulated, but the brain is squishy with stretchy little arms, so it's still a pretty fun toy.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:32 pm

The new Kraaaang looks awesome. I've heard so much mixed stuff about it though. He's probably a good one for people to wait to pick up on sale. Hopefully TRU will do a BOGO or something similar towards the Christmas screason.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm

They had a BOGOHO for the bigger I think 11" scale Turtles.

And yeah, Kraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang isn't a life-changing figure, but if you're a fan of the character he's cool enough to own for sure.

So far I only got him and the 4 Basic Turtles. Think that's about all I'll get, unless I break down and get the van.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion