Wonder Festival 2012 [Summer]

Comic-Cons, Conventions, Toy Fairs, and other special events are a really big deal. The Event forum is the new home to gawk & gossip at all the wonderful news. Armchair Coverage links will also be posted here first.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Wonder Festival 2012 [Summer]

Postby Dorkey » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 pm

My invitation arrived last week.

My application for early entry got sent out yesterday.

Now, if anybody has any questions to be asked at Wonder Festival, post below and I'll pass it on.
(You have until July 27th, then I start making final preparations for the actual show)
Save a tree, eat a beaver!
Dorkey
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Wonder Festival 2012 [Summer]

Postby AdventureVault » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 am

Yay!

I'll have to start thinking of questions. Bandai won't be at this one, right?
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby Dorkey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 pm

AdventureVault wrote:Yay!

Bandai doesn't like Kaiyodo
Kaiyodo runs Wonder Festival
Bandai doesn't go to Wonder Festival
Save a tree, eat a beaver!
Dorkey
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dayraven » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Dorkey wrote:
AdventureVault wrote:Yay!

Bandai doesn't like Kaiyodo
Kaiyodo runs Wonder Festival
Bandai doesn't go to Wonder Festival

let me guess... bandai stole kaiyodo's girlfriend in high school, then posted a viral video on the web of getting a hummer from her in the back of a nissan? but kaiyodo's dad's rich, so he consoles himself by buying up a really cool con and deliberately snubbing bandai?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tochiro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I have so many questions I'd like to ask but I fear they would a. be boring to most of the folk here and b. wouldn't get a straight answer anyway because it might be seen as disharmonious.

Well, wait. maybe.

1. Did poor sales kill off the continuation of Lupin III Revoltech figures? (because we all know that only MOE moves the product in large numbers, which begs the question...)

2. Given how risky making male chara (that aren't prettyboys targeted at the fujoshi) seems to be in Japanese domestic market figure lines, it's surprising that Fujiko didn't make the inital cut for the Lupin III figures. It seems a no-brainer, what happened? Heck, a tie-in with the 'Woman called Fujiko' TV series seemed logical. (I expect the answer to this to be "It couldn't be helped" )

3. Another Lupin III Revoltech question: Why no repaints? Again, seems logical. Green jacket Lupin (needs new heads), pink jacket Lupin, color variations for Jigen (and again, new heads), Monkey Punch version Lupin and Jigen (just need new heads), etc. Seems that even if they sell less than other figures the repaints would help defray tooling costs.

4. (Big Giant Company) is making Toho Kaiju figures in the spirit of the Revoltech figures, and this has seemingly closed the door on 'you' making further figures. Does that also close the door on Toho 'super science' vehicles like the Maser tank and the Goten-go (aka Atragon)? I think many would love to see 'you' make the Moonlight SY-3 and other vehicles.

There. that's enough to get me kicked off the sales floor, were I there. :)
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Snowglare » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm

I'd like to know if Max Factory/Good Smile Company have any further plans for Code Geass figma, specifically Karen and C.C. Seems to be a similar situation to what Tochiro described with Lupin III.

Also, you'd make the internets very happy if you found out anything about Nintendo figma and nendoroids. More Legend of Zelda? Mario?

I guess character-specific questions aren't likely to be answered, but I'd love to know the status of those licenses and whether they'll be exploited further at all.
Snowglare
Chief
Chief

Postby AdventureVault » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 am

Good Smile:

Yeah, I definitely second that Nintendo question. I'd love to know what Nintendo properties they're wanting to make.

Also, are there any plans for variant colors of Samus or Link? And are they planning on doing any Figma figures of characters from Legend of Zelda or Samus in her Zero Suit?

Good Smile also recently made a Figma of the God Warrior from Nausicaa. Are they planning on doing any more Studio Ghibli characters? I'm up for almost any Ghibli character, but if they want to know what characters in particular we'd like to see: Baron from The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, Howl from Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, and of course Totoro.

As for Kaiyodo:

Definitely ask about the future of the Takeya Buddhist figures. They'll hopefully have some new figures to show, but if they don't I'd like to know if the line will continue.

I might add more to this post.
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby Snowglare » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

AdventureVault wrote:Also, are there any plans for variant colors of Samus or Link? And are they planning on doing a Figma Samus in her Zero Suit?

I'd like to see both of those. Someone on 4chan photshopped a bunch of Link variants a while back. Looked pretty sweet. Most of all, I'd like to know if they're only focusing on the newest games or if there's hope for older Zelda/Metroid stuff.
Snowglare
Chief
Chief

Postby logandelanoche » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Can you please ask if there are plans to create any more Michael Jackson FIGMAs? I loved the Thriller figure they came out with and with so many iconic looks for the late King of Pop, I'd like to add many more to my collection! ^_^
logandelanoche

Postby Tekwych » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Great coverage as always. Thanks again to everybody.

Robert could you tell me any more about pictures 48, 49, and 50 in gallery 6, day 3 and 24-43 in gallery 7 day 3? The Microman, and is that Beta Midgets, customs quickly caught my eye.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=20320&page=6
http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=20320&page=7
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Events & Armchair Coverage Forum