New Fox Sports 10" Robots for 2012

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: New Fox Sports 10" Robots for 2012

Postby Customizer » Wed May 14, 2014 2:43 am

If you don't mind letting me know via PM who the seller is / was on Ebay i'd appreciate it as i'd like to own one of the KO's .

I wonder why the KO has the swivel hinge? The manufacturing process required to create a ball and socket is much easier / simpler than creating a hinge swivel . It seems inefficient to go through the trouble of knocking off the design (actually it was probably manufactured after hours utilizing the same molds as the originals) only to create more work for yourself by making design changes.

Even if they used inserts in the tooling it would still take more effort.

Strange.
Customizer

Postby JamesLynch » Wed May 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Who can understand the mental workers of a bootlegger?
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu May 15, 2014 9:19 am

so here's the other odd thing... the wrists... i really inspected the wrists on this figure, and it really, really, looks like there should be a swivel just below the lined section i photod here. so i tried warming the wrist in warm water. i haven't done this before, but i wanted to be really sure there isn't a joint there... but there is. i didn't think to snag a photo while the wrist was bent, but i loosened both wrists and there's a swivel there, but with not the best range of motion. it's constructed much more solidly than the swivel on the knockoff, which looked weak and felt like it too, but there it is. so i more the wrists back to neutral, content than i've now loosened the joints... except when they cooled, and i tried to move them later, nothing doing. i TORQUED, to the point that i was pulling on the wrist peg going into the fists, and didn't want to potentially tear that post, and those wrists swivels, that i saw with my own two eyes, just won't budge. i am perplexed. per the company's articulation schematic, there should NOT be a joint there, but it's there. it could be inadvertent due to the construction though... it's just weird.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 pm

so, in the interest of being the biggest goofball collector of the foxbots, i am submitting my semi-review of the cleatus 2.0 keychain size figure! cuz why not?

firstly, this little dude is little, as in right around 3.0 inches. the packaging again features the NFL hologram sticker and notes the manufacturer, actionheads/foamheads. This company has been good to me in ways that continue to astound me, having a level of communication and ownership of their product like no company I've ever dealt with. Kudos to them, and in large part because of the quality of their toys, but in part due to this level of customer care, I will continue to support their products. Mr Cleatus is supposed to be coming still for other sports, and as I've recently seen him driving a NASCAR vehicle, I hope that proves true. I continue to want a hockey and UFC version of the big guy. The back of the box has a shortened version of the same text on the big box.

It's the same sculpt as the original large toy, but with a few minor modifications for scale and an added accessory piece, a football. Sadly, the football is sculpted into the grip and thus not removable. He is designed as a keychain, but the cool thing is, if you're not into having him as a keychain, the chain is screwed into his back with a tiny eye screw.

A couple of deft turns of said screw and it threads right out leaving only a tiny hole in his back. His sculpt helps hide this a bit, and unless you were really looking him over in hand, you'd miss the hole entirely.

The articulation is not as the bio on the website describes, "fully articulated" but he does feature some articulation. He has V swivels at the hips, a waist swivel just above his abs, and swivel shoulders allowing him to raise his arms. He also features a neck swivel. It's not a ton, but it works to get him some character.

Paint aps are generally good, though at this scale, a little slop is a foregone conclusion. What really surprised me was the super tiny FOX tampo. It's almost cute.

Overall, I caught him on sale for 5 dollars a piece and snagged this one for the Ravens and an Oakland Raiders version of the microbot. I like them both for what they are, but I wouldn't consider them much more than a 5 or 6 dollar value. Who knows, the Raiders one might get his screw back and end up an actual keychain! [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion