Tamashii Features 2012

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Tamashii Features 2012

Postby AdventureVault » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 am

Here's the thread to discuss all the awesome things Dorkey was able to share from the Tamashii convention this weekend.

Personally, I'm super excited to see how many Sentai figures Bandai is doing. I won't be able to afford all of them, but it's nice to see the Power Rangers finally getting as much love as Kamen Riders get.

I've been eying those Akibaranger toys for a while now. They look really fun. What do you think about the show, Dorkey? Think it'll be worth watching?

That King Ghidorah also looks badass. I know we've seen him before, but he's just so freakin huge! I can't wait to get him. Hey Dorkey, can you tell me how his necks are articulated? I can't really tell from the photos. Also, what's the news on that Godzilla with the red flame effects?

One thing I was still disappointed in was the lack of Sailor Moon Figuarts, especially since Pretty Cure is so close to that style. For or any future Bandai events, "Are you making Sailor Moon Figuarts?" is always a question I want asked! Maybe someday it'll happen... [constipated]

Thanks again Dorkey!
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Re: Tamashii Features 2012

Postby MSA-005K » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I really don't think Sailor Moon SHFs are too far away. The Pretty Cure toys haven't always been as good as the other SHFs, but the latest ones were pretty good, and the helmetless Akibarangers show how good they've gotten at sculpting anime faces. I'm not a Sailor Moon fan, but I do hope you fans get your figures soon.

This show sure made me feel bad for my friends who like both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, between buying all the Rider forms and completing the Sentai teams they'll have to buy a ton of Figuarts.

I can't wait for Akibaranger, though, seems like it'll be pretty fun. I'm limiting myself to buying the main three and the Moe Moe Z-Cune gun/doll, though, I can't buy every last bit of merchandise like I do with Kamen Rider.

I bet some people here should like the Robot Damashii reveals, Gundam Wing and Gundam SEED were fairly popular here in the US. The Buster Gundam was just released, the Assault Duel Gundam and Wing Zero are coming out soon, and they just revealed Altron Gundam and the Strike Dagger. I'm a bit more excited about the Sazabi and the Nu Gundam's fin funnel barrier. Not too pumped about laying down 3000 yen on effect parts, but hey, it's the Nu, I can't not buy them.

I've really got to say thanks for that picture of SRC Aquarion Evol, the few other pictures I've seen focused more on the girls. While I'm going to buy those statues too, I'm more interested in Aquarion. Man, that is one beautiful robot.
MSA-005K

Postby Dorkey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Although I've only seen one episode of Akibaranger at the screening, I was impressed. I entered expecting to see a lame excuse for a knock-off, albeit a knock-off by the creators of the original.

Darkness approaches Akihabara, a town of electronics and subculture, where fanatics gather.
The evilly associated corporate body "Stema Otsu" (stema = stealth marketeing, otsu = short for otsukaresama - a greeting given after some work has been accomplished or at the end of the work day) is attempting to convert Akihabara into a different town. However, a unit consisting of three heroes have stood up to stop them! This unit is the Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger!! The three youth who have gathered in Akihabara use the action figure of "Z-cune Aoi" in order to morph into Akibaranger and defeat agents of Stema Otsu! Akibaranger's goal is to be televised as a series on Sunday mornings and become "official". Armed with their "power of delusion", the adventures of Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger has just started.
Save a tree, eat a beaver!
Dorkey
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Dorkey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Now, for King Ghidorah's neck articulation - I was too busy taking pictures that looking into details had slipped my mind - sorry. I'll look into that when I get a chance.

The red flame effect for Godzilla is an accessory piece that accompanies Fire Radon along with the damaged Mecha Godzilla head.

As for Sailor Moon, I ask the guys at Bandai every time they have this kind of event and the answer is always "We're considering it" or "It's on the books" or something along those lines. Never a confirmation but never a denial.
Save a tree, eat a beaver!
Dorkey
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby AdventureVault » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 am

MSA-005K wrote:I really don't think Sailor Moon SHFs are too far away. The Pretty Cure toys haven't always been as good as the other SHFs, but the latest ones were pretty good, and the helmetless Akibarangers show how good they've gotten at sculpting anime faces. I'm not a Sailor Moon fan, but I do hope you fans get your figures soon.

I don't know. I don't think nostalgia plays a big part in the Japanese toy business. It just seems like there are a lot of older properties, that were popular at the time, but aren't even considered as viable toy options now. But I hope you're right. That would be awesome.

Also, welcome to the board!
You now possess Dracula's Wallet.
AdventureVault
Admoderal
Admoderal

Postby Bigbot84 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 am

I'd love it if they released some Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts. For my wife, of course.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks, Dorkey!
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion