Wrestling and MMA figure... Let's Get it On!!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wrestling and MMA figure... Let's Get it On!!

Postby dayraven » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Mose wrote:Also I noticed the Rockers are being sold on November 20th. Is that so WWE fans don't find out about the WSOD?

makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:47 pm

dayraven wrote:
Mose wrote:Also I noticed the Rockers are being sold on November 20th. Is that so WWE fans don't find out about the WSOD?

makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Thinking about it some more, I believe mattel doesn't want the WWE to know about it.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby Mose » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 am

I'm getting the Rockers for my brother as a christmas present as he's shown interest in them.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Mose wrote:I'm getting the Rockers for my brother as a christmas present as he's shown interest in them.

that's awesome, hope he enjoys them. the rockers were great back in the day. it always bugged me that poor marty jannetty never really got his solo act together when he and shawn split.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 am

dayraven wrote:that's awesome, hope he enjoys them. the rockers were great back in the day. it always bugged me that poor marty jannetty never really got his solo act together when he and shawn split.

I hope he enjoys them, too. I agree with you about Marty Jannetty. Really sad when you think about it.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

when he's sober, jannetty was a great wrestler. and really, even w/ his substance problems, the guy was never scott hall bad (who again, was incredible sober, but terrifyingly bad wasted)

i'm beyond excited for the wwe 12 game. i haven't bought one in a few years, and the core cast looks excellent, but i love the custom wrestler option to create fun new gimmick wrestlers. i miss the hell out of the gimmick type characters like doink the clown or the oddities. (speaking, how awesome would it be to get an oddities boxed set, ESPECIALLY if they included ICP in the box? that'd be damned awesome!)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:50 pm

dayraven wrote:when he's sober, jannetty was a great wrestler. and really, even w/ his substance problems, the guy was never scott hall bad (who again, was incredible sober, but terrifyingly bad wasted)

Never knew he had substance problems. Then again my wrestling knowledge isn't that good to begin with.

dayraven wrote:i'm beyond excited for the wwe 12 game. i haven't bought one in a few years, and the core cast looks excellent, but i love the custom wrestler option to create fun new gimmick wrestlers. i miss the hell out of the gimmick type characters like doink the clown or the oddities. (speaking, how awesome would it be to get an oddities boxed set, ESPECIALLY if they included ICP in the box? that'd be damned awesome!)

I miss the gimmick type wrestlers, too. I herd of the Oddities but I never saw them wrestle or knew that the Insane Clown Posse were members of that group. I was probably too young to remember them. Actually, I was probably too young to remember many.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:44 pm

icp did the theme song for the oddities, and wrestled w/ them a few times... you should youtube them, they had some great matches back in the day.

and yes, jannetty's career derailed largely because he found the bottle. i do think it's no small coincidence that he started drinking about the time WWE decided to push michaels and dump marty back down the card. and of course, it's worth note that shawn had the worst of his personal problems during his top spot years, so clearly, having a substance abuse problem wasn't a deal breaker in the old WWF days... i wonder what kind of politicking shawn did to get his push, since the push came obviously prior to him having proven he could do it.

BTW, it's not nice to remind the old guys how old they are. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Shadow_Contact » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:45 am

dayraven wrote:i wonder what kind of politicking shawn did to get his push, since the push came obviously prior to him having proven he could do it.

I think it was mentioned in Foley's first book that Michaels was a rat. If you bad mouthed Vince or even mentioned jumping ship, Michaels would be in the office with Vince before the sentence was finished. Michaels was already a star at the time Foley started, so imagine how bad he probably was at airing everyone's business before his push. Plus lets face it, making friends with HHH definentley didn't hurt (But that was in the later years after his push).
Shadow_Contact
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dayraven » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:36 pm

somehow, i could completely see that.

some one of these days, HBO is going to do a series on the behind the scenes running of a successful pro wrestling business and no body will believe how much of it is real. the show will award after award for being gritty and "real" and the writers and actors will get critical nods... and they'll be half as interesting as the actual byzantine intrigues of placating the emperor of of wrestling.

cuz let's face it, the wrestler was great, and everyone who saw it seemed to love it... but that was essentially one guys story. the story was a composite but it was largely based on one guy... and it wasn't even necessarily the most intriguing story in pro wrestling. whatsmore, i don't even know that i'd say that the wrestler told the best stories from that guy's life. to me, the stories "with the boys" are always way more engaging than the stuff they did away from each other.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion