Thundercats Ho!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Thundercats Ho!

Postby zedhatch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm very very happy with the 4 inch line overall, but that is my scale anyway.

Speaking of I got 4 inch Panthro, Tygra, and Deluxe Mumm-ra for my B-day today, AWESOME all around.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 am

Excellent! How do you like 4" Mumm-Ra? I went kinda overboard with my other TCats so I figured I'd pace myself with opening them and he's the last one I have to pick up.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby zedhatch » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 am

Honeslty, Mumm-ra has become my new fav of this line, he isn't perfect but pretty darn good. Plan on reviewing him this week sometime.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby zedhatch » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 am

Tygra, Mumm-Ra Deluxe, and Panthro get looked over this time. These are ten times better than the last batch I reviewed I must say, so enjoy:

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/tcat2/tcat2.html
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Nice! I kinda scooped up all the new T-Cats when they first hit shelves in my area, but I'm trying to slowly enjoy opening them. I still have Cheetara, Grune, and the kids to get to. At some point I'll pick up the 4" Mumm-Ra...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:33 pm

They look pretty fun, but for some reason none of the new T-Cats stuff is calling to me.

I did get the SDCC Mumm-Ra from Icon Heroes, it's awesome, and I'll likely get a few select companions for him, depending on who's released in the future.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 am

So, if the Classics lines is really scheduled to get rebooted to 6" - what're the general thoughts on that?

Is this a be careful what you wish for scenario?
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 am

If the plastic looks better, and they improve the head sculpts, I might bite.
Though scale was never really an issue for me like it was for some.

To be honest though, unless they really put out some awesome new detailed sculpts on par with modern NECA stuff or the 200x Stactions, that deviate significantly from the Classic designs, I doubt I'll be much interested save for maybe a couple choice characters.

Like, I have the Icon Heroes Mumm-Ra, and considering the source on that one (a quartet of equine fellows), it's pretty much impossible for any Bandai sculpt to top it.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:39 am

I’m still kind of scratching my head about this whole re-launch thing. Scale was never an issue with me to begin with, but if they’ll fit in better with MOTUC then I’ll be okay with that. I’m not impressed by the existing 6” figures based on the new series, so I certainly hope these are better. I’m kind of over my “ThunderCat Scratch Fever” so moving forward I think I’ll be a little more cautious with my purchases.

That said more than likely I will buy the new 6” Lion-O --- if for no other reason so he’ll fit in with the rest of the 6” Classic figures.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Anyone here have the 4" scale Wily Kit / Wily Kat? I can't decide if they're worth picking up or not. I like the new show (albiet I've only seen about half of season 1). Just can't decide if I need 'em.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion