Thundercats Ho!

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Thundercats Ho!

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:34 pm

PrfktTear wrote:
dayraven wrote:i'm out until i can find them for 15, they're just really not that great looking.

splurge and get yourself Lion-O... even at $20 I think he's a solid figure...

i would man, but i haven't found him in my timezone yet... hopefully this weekend i can do some more scouring.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:04 pm

update to the update... retrieved a mumm-ra and classics lion-o... the boys requested the right to open the figs, and scored about 4 hours of play time that evening as i made dinner and then afterwards... needless to say, they love these things. both kids asked me why i got classic lion-o when i put him in the car, but on getting him home, he quickly became the favorite of the two. i must say, the mumm-ra feels "softer" than classics lion-o and less stable overall. i really think after getting some time on these i will not be going back for modern lion-o or panthro... the classis fig just feels a lot more solid. and honestly, a classics mumm-ra would completely rock. i might even consider classics panthro... might. oh well, you live and you learn. mumm-ra looks cool, but he's so soft... the plastic used is very flexy, very bendy, and doesn't feel solid or durable.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Glad Classics Lion-O was a hit with the boys! I think if I had that figure when I was a kid it would have never left my sight.

Thanks for the 411 on Mumm-Ra... I'm presuming of course you are talking about the 6" version. I was awfully tempted to pick it up, but something just made me hesitate. I like the new designs, but I think I'll stick to the 4" figures. I know some people are picking up the 6" Mumm-Ra to interact with their 4" figures, but I prefer the 4" scale Mumm-Ra with the wings and all. I can't wait until they produce the "God mode" Mumm-Ra. He did kinda remind me of the Four Horsemen's Scarabus...

I was actually kinda sad that there was no new episode of ThunderCats on this Friday... the last episode was a great one-shot.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I haven't really looked at the newet stuff - I know Vault has, you may ward him off yet. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 am

PrfktTear wrote:Glad Classics Lion-O was a hit with the boys! I think if I had that figure when I was a kid it would have never left my sight.

Thanks for the 411 on Mumm-Ra... I'm presuming of course you are talking about the 6" version. I was awfully tempted to pick it up, but something just made me hesitate. I like the new designs, but I think I'll stick to the 4" figures. I know some people are picking up the 6" Mumm-Ra to interact with their 4" figures, but I prefer the 4" scale Mumm-Ra with the wings and all. I can't wait until they produce the "God mode" Mumm-Ra. He did kinda remind me of the Four Horsemen's Scarabus...

I was actually kinda sad that there was no new episode of ThunderCats on this Friday... the last episode was a great one-shot.

yup, i'm talking 6 inch mumm-ra, who interestingly has two oddly shaped plugs on his back like they may intend wings for him later on as a separate piece... weird.

yeah, he's soft and flexy, VERY soft and flexy, and it's intentional, to keep the fig from breaking, but he's so soft i think he's more prone to tearing than breaking. like think the softest DCU you ever bought... and that guy would be like stone compared to mumm-ra. i've seen figs like this before, and i don't like them.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm really kinda disappointed to hear that. I'm curious if this is wide-spread problem. I haven't heard too much about the 6" figures. Actually I'm surprised more places haven't been reviewing the figures. I've seen one or two reviews for the 8" Classics line but the 4" and 6" line seem to have been ignored. I've seen a few video reviews for the 4"-ers though. I've been thinking about doing proper write-ups for each one but I'm really kinda turned off by the whole toy review thing... and I don't even run a proper site! =)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 pm

i tell you, you know the sword, which noisy mentioned was kind of gooey, it seems like the same plastic but thicker.

yes, someone should do reviews, but i can't help but feel like the lack of reviews is largely due to the lack of positive things to say about it.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

:lol: Probably. It's too bad the toy review industry doesn't quite work like others. Imagine if they actually wanted the press from getting the product reviewed AND felt the need to deliver quality to ensure there is good press?

I've got a Tygra review 90% done for tomorrow and that involved picking up regular Lion-O. That regular Sword of Omens is a travesty. I'm not saying it was worth it to pay $40 to give regular Lion-O the vac-metal sword, but I'm glad I did...

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:13 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote::lol: Probably. It's too bad the toy review industry doesn't quite work like others. Imagine if they actually wanted the press from getting the product reviewed AND felt the need to deliver quality to ensure there is good press?

I've got a Tygra review 90% done for tomorrow and that involved picking up regular Lion-O. That regular Sword of Omens is a travesty. I'm not saying it was worth it to pay $40 to give regular Lion-O the vac-metal sword, but I'm glad I did...

yup... now for the 6 inch modern line, imagine a whole figure made of that sword of omens, but thicker in build. like, i was showing the wife, w/ the arm held down against the body, if i put my thumb up against the back of his knuckles and raise the arm, on classics lion-o, like most figures, the arm raises at the shoulder swivel. on mumm-ra, the arm bends, at the elbow, and across the forearm, and builds tension before it eventually slides the shoulder at the swivel.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:05 pm

I had considered collcting the 6" line, but the Lion-O figure really leaves me disappointed, so I figured whats the point. I'm happy with the 4" line tho.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion