It's the Busness of toys

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: It's the Busness of toys

Postby Tekwych » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Toy Imports Down 13%

Toy shipments for the holidays are down 13% vs. 2011, according to global trade research firm Panjiva, which counts container shipments, as reported by the New York Times. The level of shipments is the lowest its been since 2007, according to the report.

Toy sales were running 5% to 6% below 2011s as the holiday season opened, so perhaps some of the pessimism as reflected by lower shipments was justified.
But with fierce price competition and tight inventory, it appears likely that there will be some money left on the table in the toy business by the end of the season, with some early sellouts on the hottest toys expected.

ICv2
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/action-figures-dj ... 06778.html

what a complete crock... the movie doesn't trivialize slavery, but the figures do? this guy needs his head examined.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby zedhatch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:27 am

Tekwych wrote:Toy Imports Down 13%

Toy shipments for the holidays are down 13% vs. 2011, according to global trade research firm Panjiva, which counts container shipments, as reported by the New York Times. The level of shipments is the lowest its been since 2007, according to the report.

Toy sales were running 5% to 6% below 2011s as the holiday season opened, so perhaps some of the pessimism as reflected by lower shipments was justified.
But with fierce price competition and tight inventory, it appears likely that there will be some money left on the table in the toy business by the end of the season, with some early sellouts on the hottest toys expected.

ICv2

Not a surprize as everything was out by that point and there was nothing new to stock. Toy companies blew one of the basic prinicples this year, put out some new stuff for the holidays and imports will go back up.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby zedhatch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am

dayraven wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/action-figures-django-unchained-draw-protest-175806778.html

what a complete crock... the movie doesn't trivialize slavery, but the figures do? this guy needs his head examined.

Not seen the movie yet, but I have to find the figure to see what the crap they are talking about, it makes no sense to me at this point.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Bigbot84 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm

I think they're unhappy with the fact that there are figures for the movie. I don't see why they aren't also complaining about the Hot Toys figures.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby zedhatch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah, I saw some of the figs (probably not all) and didn't see anything that was even remotely offensive with them. Unless I am missing something this is much to do about nothing.
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Heard about this on the radio today: Toys 'R' Us holiday sales drop in U.S., abroad
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm

dayraven wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/action-figures-django-unchained-draw-protest-175806778.html

Weinstein Co. has now asked them pulled, so of course . . .

mangosteen moron sheep bidders:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Django-Unch ... 0783450836

mangosteen worthless scum seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJANGO-Unchaine ... 1058931345

Don't understand how all the Inglorious Basterds stuff was perfectly OK, but Django stuff is suddenly off-limits.

What, Americans can handle atrocity, but only if it wasn't committed by Americans?
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm

But more importantly, django is a movie, they aren't real slaves or slavers. If the n word is a deal breaker that group is going to be going after a lot of rap and comedy albums... None of which have anything to do with why or why not I ought to have access to a Leo di crapio figure. This is an example of the worst kind of PC nanny state bull starfruit. I hope at least that NECA got reimbursed for their efforts.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 pm

That's just it. NECA has paid for the license and for the production. NECA has also sold out at wholesale the entire first wave. Now NECA has said that they will except all returns sent back to them by the companies they sell to directly.

Now name any company that is going to return merchandise for what they paid for it, not getting reimbursed for any time or effort, instead of selling their stock at ridiculous prices and making a profit.

NECA will get the PR for pulling the line and the money for selling at least one wave. The loser in this mess is the buying public and others who reconize that Colectables are just an item and one must remember the past and discuss it or be bound to repeate it.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion