How to display - suggestions please

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: How to display - suggestions please

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:38 am

If its been "displayed" in a box or plastic bin for over a year you probably should think about selling it! Unless of course you have your things packed away due to space issues or impending move or something.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 am

Truer words were never spoken.

I wish I could put my toy cellar up on eBay as a mystery lot. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Truer words were never spoken.

I wish I could put my toy cellar up on eBay as a mystery lot. :lol:

Between April to June of this year, I cleaned out my garage toys and pulled in $6000 that I'm using as part of the deposit towards my new house this Friday.

It takes some effort, but it was definitely worth it to me.

And once we get settled in the new house, I'll probably purge some more to help pay for new furniture.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Holy snails! Thats a nice take! I'm slowly trying to purge right now.

I went to a church bazaar last Saturday and they had a rummage sale with a ton of random crap. I found a brand new still shrink wrapped "Alphabet" cake pan which is a regular looking pan but has grid grooves on the bottom and comes with 2 x 2 inch blocks to arrange into letters and numbers. I'm not usually one for baking but I thought the blocks would be great to use in a display. The whole thing cost me less than a buck. I haven't had time to put them to use yet, but they look nice.

Its always good to think outside the box when it comes to how you display your figures!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 pm

PrfktTear wrote:Holy snails! Thats a nice take! I'm slowly trying to purge right now

Agreed.

I always want to clean out the cellar. I just found a box today that indicated I was apparently into buying Original Trilogy Collection figures in 2004. A whole little stack, still in-box. No idea why I even have those.

Ironically, I found out because I was hunting for an R9-G4 which I thought I had, but didn't find.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I always want to clean out the cellar. I just found a box today that indicated I was apparently into buying Original Trilogy Collection figures in 2004. A whole little stack, still in-box. No idea why I even have those.

My one advantage - I had to move.

So it came down to either packing that stuff or selling it. Regardless, it had to go. This stuff had been sitting for years and was one of those "I've got to do that one day" things. Once it became a "Crap, I have to do it now!" it will really kick you in the butt.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:11 pm

My "problem" is th at I've never had to move. So when the day comes that I do, I'm going to have a LOT of stuff to either pack or get rid of, so I guess thats yet another reason to try and keep on top of things.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby you_will_forget » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 pm

PrfktTear wrote:Curious how the display is looking.

Sorry guys, not been around in a while. Oddly enough, being at home instead of out at work seems to mean I have less time to browse. Weird.

I've opted for alphabetical, with a little leeway - CnCs will be on the back row to avoid blocking other figures. The LoSH will be in the display grouped under "L" and I've decided to bring in the GL figures instead of keeping them in a separate display. Does mean I will have blocks of colour, but I'll see how it pans out.

Nothing on shelf yet - we've swapped over the bedroom and "study" so I now have more space - and a crapload of boxes of stuff that needs sorting through and mostly binning. Sadly, this has meant I haven't had the time to get the display sorted out yet, but hopefully this week.

Photos will probably happen.

Jo
You can't scare me, my wife is pregnant
you_will_forget
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm

not a full displaying yet, but as i'm relocating to a new home, i managed to snag a few photos in front of what is sure to become my favorite room to photo... hope y'all enjoy, these are the first of hopefully many to come.

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm

So are we looking at a chimney? Rock wall?

Nice "diorama" for sure.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion