How to display - suggestions please

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: How to display - suggestions please

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:So are we looking at a chimney? Rock wall?

Nice "diorama" for sure.

chimney yes, but already w/ a few choice accent pieces, it looks great for the photoing, and the recessed lighting overhead is excellent. he-man was photod w/ an additional lightsource installed and i think that helped a bit, but the scarabus photo came out nicely dramatic.

fun fact: the bubble of rock near battle cat's foot is the bottom edge of a house gnome we call bugger, behind the big barbarian is bamboo, and on the other side of the boo, my own personal tribute to al snow... head. that's right, i have my own head... cuz what does everybody want? HEAD! head at least isn't living there, but she got put there momentarily and i like the mystery of her in-frame. (i.e. was too lazy to move her.)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Xylob The Destroyer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:25 pm

display them IN FLAMES!!!!
Xylob The Destroyer
Chief
Chief

Postby dayraven » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

so, on the subject of display... repacking my figure boxes and have started trying to get all the set pieces together in one box, which will hopefully also accommodate the nearly stupid amount of weapons and accessories... this table is covered in the collected remains of three of my six bins thusfar, sans all the sigma six lockers as sigma six got it's own bin. i can't help but think that the following photos would be great for a prize contest (to identify all the pieces' origins) but not only do i lack a suitable prize, but even i am not sure where all this stuff came from anymore. [smile] that's kind of an embarrassing admission, since i pride myself on my memory, but holy crap... there are a lot of pieces that have outlasted the toy they came w/ and found other uses, but damned if i can remember where from! hope y'all enjoy, and there may be more photos to come as the other bins yield more accessories and playsets.

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Costume Contumely » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 pm

dayraven wrote:

What is that figure from?--the blond guy at the bottom?
Costume Contumely

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

sorry about this double C, i didn't see your question earlier... that's questar from the dino riders line.

trying a new set-up and experimenting w/ lighting... not every shot is gold, i admit it, but i'm learning...

i can't seem to find how to resize photos in the "new" photobucket, but playing w/ some of the new edit effects leaves me kinda... eh. there's a lot of crap options to do some really dumb stuff to your images. i know photobucket is trying desperately to be relevant in an instagram world, but instagram is dumb too. just store the damned photo, these BS effects are beyond dumb.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 am

i like this shot, but it's all sizzle, no steak...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm

I had to post this somewhere! Last weekend I got two 5-shelf book cases for free! My buddy's wife wife posted 'em on Facebook and they were absolutely mine for the taking.

Nothing special, just your typical particle board shelving units, but they're in decent condition. One had scratching on the bottom, as far as I can tell from one of their many pets (they have like 5 cats and 3 dogs). I took some sand paper to it when I got home to smooth it out, then took some brown shoe polish to blend it in.

I had a perfect spot for them too! Looking forward to filling them up now!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I had to post this somewhere! Last weekend I got two 5-shelf book cases for free! My buddy's wife wife posted 'em on Facebook and they were absolutely mine for the taking.

Nothing special, just your typical particle board shelving units, but they're in decent condition. One had scratching on the bottom, as far as I can tell from one of their many pets (they have like 5 cats and 3 dogs). I took some sand paper to it when I got home to smooth it out, then took some brown shoe polish to blend it in.

I had a perfect spot for them too! Looking forward to filling them up now!

SWEET! i think you should paint the shelves though, put some fresh graphics all over the sides, comic book style
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 am

I've got way too much stuff to display these days. One fun thing I did many years ago on some display shelves was to get some glow-in-the-dark eye stickers and stick 'em along the back wall. That was neat.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 am

I'll consider it! ^___^ They're a cherrywood panel and actually closely match another book case I have. I was thinking about putting it in the middle since its a 3-shelf so it'd be tall, short, tall.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion