"Most Requested" Discussion Thread

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

"Most Requested" Discussion Thread

Postby dayraven » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 pm

hi all, your friendly neighborhood Dayraven here, starting a forum thread for further discussion on the IAT Most Requested column.. this is the thread for beefs, research, questions, comments, etc... whatever's on your mind w/ the Most Requested column, here's the place!

hear any juicy gossip on the Dino Rider's license?

hear news that mattel secured jack nicholson's likeness rights?

can't seem to shake the BS that USAgent should have been way higher in the voting?

vent away gents! newbs or old hats, all are welcome!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: "Most Requested" Discussion Thread

Postby Tekwych » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Just a thought but for a twist on the most requested theme IAT should take a look at a line that has been announced for 2011 but no figures have been discussed, let alone shown. Hasbro has announced that they now own all rights to Takara's old Microman line and Mego's Micronauts

Takara's Microman at Microman Forever

Mego's Micronauts at Inner Space Online

So IAT what would be the "Most Requested" Hasbro Micro line-up?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat May 01, 2010 12:01 am

i am surprised that hasbro hasn't had any publicity push yet for the micromen... you don't think they're waiting for the NYTF do you? that's REALY late in the year ot debut product... and the vibe is now. the nostalgia zeigeist is only going to last so long...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Sat May 01, 2010 12:10 am

I honestly don't think we will hear anything official until ToyFair 2011. I have some birdies whispering in my ear that an animated series for Hasbro's new TV channel, The Hub and that it will be a multi-media launch. Cartoon, Website, Figures, comic, Game all together and probably 2nd quarter 2011. Hasbro is hedging their bets and feels that one of their cash cows, TF, SW, or Joe will crash out sooner rather than later. They are looking at a new Micronauts as a possible replacement if that happens.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat May 01, 2010 12:18 am

Tekwych wrote:I honestly don't think we will hear anything official until ToyFair 2011. I have some birdies whispering in my ear that an animated series for Hasbro's new TV channel, The Hub and that it will be a multi-media launch. Cartoon, Website, Figures, comic, Game all together and probably 2nd quarter 2011. Hasbro is hedging their bets and feels that one of their cash cows, TF, SW, or Joe will crash out sooner rather than later. They are looking at a new Micronauts as a possible replacement if that happens.

i'd put my money on joes folding first, if there were a bet to be had... when the old republic mmo hits, i suspect there will be a huge resurrgence in star wars interest, and so long as tf3 features magan fox in labia-separating jeans, it'll make money and spawn merch.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I want those Jerry Macaluso Micronauts!!!!!

That is all.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Tekwych » Sat May 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat May 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Of course!

Only some of the coolest sculpts evar. :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

yea, so cool that the legal battles that followed permanently scarred jerry off action figures... that hurt, i kid you not.

i have to say that i'm not surprised that soloman kane didn't place higher... except that i am. on the one hand, not the most popular character of REH's career... but on the other hand, what a great concept and what a cool design! you'd think on sheer "not like something i already own" appeal, he'd have placed higher. oh well.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Toygiant » Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I was within arms reach of those once and if I didn't think Jerry would suddenly become bionic and chase my ass down, I'd have snatched & ran (ok not really). But seriously, I was painfully waiting for these things and it was cool talking to Jerry about them at SDCC '06. After he left SOTA I knew it wasn't going to happen but I still was emailing SOTA 'bout once a month about them. Then at SDCC '07 (when SOTA was all aflutter about their NEW Street Fighter figures (insert rolling eyes here as the new ones are inferior to the ones put out under Jerry's watch)) I went to the SOTA booth and asked about the M:E figs and 3 employees had no idea what I was talking about and then after being asked by one of them some guy "in the know" just poked his head from around one of the curtains and abruptly blurted out, "SOTA wont be doing any Micronauts stuff" and promptly disappeared behind the curtain.

As for Jerry's attitude towards the whole Micronauts thing, I over heard him talking that same year to a guy while we were waiting in line for a panel and he sounded pretty crushed about the whole SOTA/Micronauts thing (he looked worn out and tired too, which only helped his case). I can say I personally know where he's coming from; after putting in so much work on a propery he loves (and would do justice on) and the "powers that be" just refuse to listen (or realize it's passionate fans that know a property best), it takes it's toll after having so much passion & energy invested in something. I'd love to see Hasbro make a collector series set and include those figures, but that will probably never happen. Besides, Jerry has Thundercats to worry about now. :cool:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion