Voltron (Mattel)

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Voltron (Mattel)

Postby Ideal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:41 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Voltron needs a 3rd party. Every once in awhile the sheer size of that Voltron appeals to me and then all I have to go and do is look at pics of the thing. I'm not going to take Mattel to task, but it just isn't "Deluxe" enough. I'm sure the size was dictated by the pilot compatibility, but it would've been nice to see it be a little smaller and be a better figure overall.

honestly, any smaller and i would have skipped it, although he is so large that he is out of the range of displaying him next to damn near anything. i will admit that things could have been done better, and i blame the springloaded "transformation" action feature for a lot of that, as they probably spent way to much figuring out how to pull that off instead making the ultimate Voltron.

but leave it to Mattel to go with pointless action features at the expense of the actual figure, rather than make products the way fans actually want
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 pm

I wouldn't want him too much smaller, but I look at it and can't help but think about how much nicer a 22" or 20" Voltron could be if the budget had remained the same.

You're probably spot-on about the spring-loaded action features though. I liked some of the power core combiners, but the spring-loaded bits made them less than ideal for me and I passed on all of them.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 am

I saw Pixel Dan's recent review for the green tiger and I noticed that it did seem really big. I didn't pay attention, but what scale are the figures in? 4"?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Ideal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:50 pm

PrfktTear wrote:I saw Pixel Dan's recent review for the green tiger and I noticed that it did seem really big. I didn't pay attention, but what scale are the figures in? 4"?

yeah, they are the same size as your average Infinite Heroes figure (so maybe a little shorter than your standard Marvel Universe figure. Hunk is the same height as the X-Force 3pack Wolverine figure).

and for another frame of reference as far as size, the Yellow Lion (which is a bit bigger than the red/green Lions) stands about the same height as a DCUC figure
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Not that I need to waste the money, but had I been around while all the Lions were on Matty the other morning... tempting. But I know it's just the size tempting me and not the quality (and that's dumb...).
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion