Voltron (Mattel)

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Voltron (Mattel)

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 pm

It'll be out within a year. That's not so bad?

It's the size that makes me want to go for it, but I know I'm not really into Voltron so that'd be silly. If they ever do a 23" Vehicle Voltron though, I'm all-in for that. I have fond memories of that toy (though I didn't even know what it was for most of that time :blush: ).
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 am

MattyCollector Classic Voltron Transformation Video

http://www.toyark.com/news/voltron-toy- ... ideo-4563/

Watching the video made me laugh.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm

I swear the presenter hesitates just a second before shoving the key into the ass the first time.

And that hesitation makes all the difference. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

The part that got me was the red lion's legs straightening out after the key is inserted, like it wasn't expecting it. :lol:
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:01 pm

yip, i suspect someone like a tosh or one of those could have a lot of fun discussing the anal key rape of voltron video.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Mose » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:16 pm

I got Blazing Sword Voltron yesterday and I’m very impressed by it. It was mostly made of a fairly durable plastic and all its joints were tight. Its range of movement is far greater than I thought. It does, however, suffer from a few issues:

The first one is paint quality. Although most of it is solid and crisp, a few areas seemed faint with the plastic showing through. The biggest paint problems are with Voltron’s normal sword. The standard sword is a few parts molded in a whitish plastic, meaning the handle is painted blue. I looks like it was put into the packaging before it was dry, leaving a lot of white showing through the blue (over 10 spots around the handle). Its face seemed soft and could have been improved with either paint or better details.

The second one is due to the packaging. They use lots of plastic bands to hold the blazing sword in its hands. The bands, however, caused the sword to warp in package. Bending the sword in the opposite direction fixed the problem, however if they used a different plastic then there could have been worse.

Overall it’s a fun, solid figure, but it could have been much greater had they put more thought into it.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am

For some reason that I don't understand, I was tempted by that toy. I think it was just crossover appeal, to have a 6" Voltron fighting other figures on the shelf out-of-scale. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Mose » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:For some reason that I don't understand, I was tempted by that toy. I think it was just crossover appeal, to have a 6" Voltron fighting other figures on the shelf out-of-scale. :lol:

That’s the thing. It would be a full recommendation if the face was more detailed and the handle of the sword was a blue plastic instead of painted. It feels like they rushed on the design of the head and didn’t plan out the sword very well colour-wise. As of now it sits at a mild recommendation.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby TSR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:For some reason that I don't understand, I was tempted by that toy. I think it was just crossover appeal, to have a 6" Voltron fighting other figures on the shelf out-of-scale. :lol:

Swamp Thing is a giant Robeast
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 am

World events, the rights holder for Voltron, talks with ICv2 abut their plans for Voltron and what they are asking of Mattel. This is an interesting look at the other side of licensing and what Mattel's master'sexpect from them.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21355.html
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion