ToyFair 2011

For all the lines not covered in our themed forums. Think Thundercats, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Wrestling, Doctor Who, Power Rangers, Video Game Licenses, TV & Film Licenses... do I need to go on or did you have it figured out before I even started?

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: ToyFair 2011

Postby Scissors » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 pm

No kidding, the way they lay out their coverage is the most user-friendly one so far. Nice find.

Huh. Does this Young Justice Arrow Girl (Artemis) look like she's a DCUC-scaled figure? Judging from the parts and articulation, as well as the box size, it appears to be. But is it going to be a one-off in the line?

http://toyfair2011.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1672&title=young-justice&cat=617

EDITTED TO ADD:

D'oh. I just realized this was already covered on the main page (Armchair coverage). Never mind, my bad. :oops:
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby crazyjaco » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Is it me or did DST have absolutely nothing Battle Beast related at Toy Fair?
crazyjaco
Chief
Chief

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Tekwych wrote:Any one remember a little web site call Figures.com? It is no longer in my regular read list but they do have some rather through coverage.

Thanks, Tek!

dayraven wrote: the ami-comi stuff for 011 but figures has some really nice shots... like, i may need some alone time w/ those statues good... yeesh. if i were a statue guy, that line would be at the very top of my must have list.

I don't know if they're worth the cost. I don't know if it's gotten better (I hope it has). Vault bought some of the early ones and the plastic quality and paint was so bad, that he wouldn't even review 'em. They do look awesome in all the show pics though.

Scissors wrote:Huh. Does this Young Justice Arrow Girl (Artemis) look like she's a DCUC-scaled figure? Judging from the parts and articulation, as well as the box size, it appears to be. But is it going to be a one-off in the line?

Yep, the YJ brand manager is trying to double dip and get the two largest segments of DC Collectors to buy into the new line. The Aquaman and Artemis look really good and I can see picking those up to add to my horde (if the price on that box set isn't too high... yeesh!), the Robin didn't translate so well, though a headswap could be cool on him.

crazyjaco wrote:Is it me or did DST have absolutely nothing Battle Beast related at Toy Fair?

I haven't seen it. I've seen more Marvel stuff, Marvel Movies, the Pirates, the Femme Fatales, and the RGB stuff (which won't sell as Mattel is convinced there's no market for it :lol: ).
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Anmi-Comi started all over about 6 months ago in an all new scal and at a much better price point. I still have to decide if I will go back and replace some of the daily ones with the new scale but their are new versions of many of the characters from the first waves. The new smaller scale does not have the same warping issues of the 10 inch figures
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby TSR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:56 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Yep, the YJ brand manager is trying to double dip and get the two largest segments of DC Collectors to buy into the new line. The Aquaman and Artemis look really good and I can see picking those up to add to my horde (if the price on that box set isn't too high... yeesh!), the Robin didn't translate so well, though a headswap could be cool on him.

I'm concerned too. BBTS, for example, has preorders up for the Artemis and Robin at $22 each! ugh

Tekwych wrote:Anmi-Comi started all over about 6 months ago in an all new scal and at a much better price point.

Are they starting over? They just solicited some bigger sized repaints.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Scissors » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 am

$22??? Highway robbery!
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 am

Well I guess that answers whether or not I'll be buying any YJ figures.

Unless they make the Conan figure. :lol:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Previous

Return to ItsAllTrue General Toy Discussion